Another Atala

Re:

Some Veloflex Master tires came in the post to add the finishing touch to the bike.

Attachments

• IMG_1188.jpg
    IMG_1188.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 530
  • IMG_1185.jpg
    IMG_1185.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 530
  • IMG_1182.jpg
    IMG_1182.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 530
  • IMG_1175.jpg
    IMG_1175.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 530
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 460
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 461
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 461
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 461
Cool! Those brake calipers breathe history. Maybe removing the logo's on the tubulars? They look a bit modern on such a classy vintage bike in my opinion :)

Re:

Thanks glad you like it. I agree the logo on the tires are a bit too modern. They are in fact clinchers not tubulars and getting current Italian made ones with amber sidewalls are hard to come by. Not many brands do the old school look anymore!

Very good work!
You have given this bike a new life!
(and it's really very nice to see)

if I can give my opinion, I would change the rear derailleur with a "gran-sport", the front with a "gran-sport" or valentino both in "box-style" and Mount a pair of "vittoria rally" palmer

;)

Re:

Excellent, are you pleased with it ?

+1 on the dodgy saddle BTW, and are there enough bearings in that bb?
Not had a cup and cone one for ages, so I can't remeber how many they used, but it doesn't look enough.

Mike

Re:

Thanks Callisto - tell you the truth I was originally thinking the same thing about getting the original early type Gran Sport and the front match box type front changer but finding one in decent condition and reasonable price was beyond my budget. I managed to get the Nuovo Record gear set locally for a very reasonable price so it went for that instead.
Mike - it's not totally perfect by any means but very happy with the end result. Quite satisfying stripping to bare metal and recreate it back to "life." Great therapy!!!! :LOL: Good spotting on the bearings - that's the amount of bearings that came out of the BB when I got it and when I put it put back together the spindle was running a bit rough so had to take apart again and added one more and it ran smooth as.

Re: Re:

Buzzsaw":r588ce4q said:
Thanks Callisto - tell you the truth I was originally thinking the same thing about getting the original early type Gran Sport .

I think that this is a bike derived from a "sport" frame...
The support of the rear derailleur has been hand modified; your bike mounts a printed dropout, typical of "sport bike".
atala 60's frame are avaiable in sport and road race version and the dropouts are different.
(I say this because some time ago I had these frames in 2 versions)

I link the photo...sport:

Attachments

• IMG_1150.JPG
    IMG_1150.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 466
Back