And today I did......

Re:

I finally sorted out all my bolts / spares boxes and bits into various sorters and drawers and the conclusion is that I have a lot of stuff, mainly seatposts, brake levers, cranks and hubs (not as many rims oddly)

So I've refreshed the Zaskar and been using it as a daily exercise bike (both on the turbo and for kid following duties around the local area)

The Kona is a pile of parts that need put back together, this may or may not happen in 2020 as I need a seat collar and cable guide for the cantis

The Heckler has taken up residence on the wall, stripped of its dignity

The Bullitt needs a Hope rebuild F&R and I need to find where I hid my rotors

The Yo Eddy sits built but for the cables and chain, it still needs a Kevin Winter fix and paint job but I'm tempted to use it till it cracks and then get it fixed, it cost me buttons and I should use it

The Tioga Disk is tempting me to try and pull it to bits and re-rim it - I hate the Wolber thats on it but 20 years of rust have destroyed the tension bolts so I need to source replacements (there are some on ebay but at £2 a bolt and needing 40 you can see why i'm holding off)

Re:

It’s always bloody seatposts! Found all sorts in weird sizes over the years. Glad things have settled down to 3 main sizes.

You’ve gotta do the disk drive though. Lasting memory of the one flash git in Scotland who had one back when I “raced” as a junior. Could hear the rumble from miles away before he lapped next, again.

Re:

Grips! I think they're breeding in the drawer!

I've a Sugino Tension Disc I should probably do something with, but who can build a wheel with this outdated technology these days?

Re: Re:

jimo746":1fetksut said:
I've a Sugino Tension Disc I should probably do something with, but who can build a wheel with this outdated technology these days?
Now there's a challenge! :)

And today I did... Not a lot, on account of it raining all day! What is it with the weather at the moment? Dry and sunny during the week, then grey and wet at the weekend. :roll:

Re: Re:

jimo746":2uo2i3p4 said:
Grips! I think they're breeding in the drawer!

NOS?

If you fancy selling I'd be game for another

Re:

Non, no, not selling, it's the 700c version, someday I'll get around to having a bike worthy of it :LOL:

Back