And today I did......

@ velo

im in hospital,slipped disc/seatica and on myy 2nd trip to sit out this morn, theres a carrera krakatoa in the bike rack. black with multti color name decals, spec looks origial too.
spotted it right away :cool: but not able to walkover 4 a better look

this hospital has loads of cyclists judging from the amount of racks and bikes, but none of the shops stock a single f###### bike magazine :shock: :(

Hey mate, hope it's not too serious and your home and better pretty quickly.
Take it easy and get yourself back to full fitness before trying any shenanigans :)

Jamie

Re:

No more excuses I finally bit the bullet and bought a decent light for off road use (Exposure)
Lets hope I can get/keep a reasonable aerobic base for next spring.

As it was raining here this afternoon so no ride for me and after Mikes Bob Jackson thread got me thinking about what to put on my Jack Taylor I decided to clean up the Mafac Racers I had been given this week. They were found on an old broken frame at a local council tip down south. I exchanged a set of singlespeed chain bolts for them in the end as it seemed wrong to take them for free. They came with the straddle cables and more importantly the little fitting for these, They both sport a good soft and supple pair of brake pads as well, original Mafac pads too. An almost complete brake was included as spares, Jamie said he had it in his shed and just put it in as it may come in handy.
I have always really liked the look of these and I thought if they clean up OK I will use them.
I started with the back one and stripped it, cleaned the gunk off and a very quick rub with autosol.
I just did the back one and it came up far better than expected for a quick clean and polish.
Will do the other one tomorrow.

Jamie

I started with the one on the right
11111 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Here it is after I finished, now on the left.
DSC_1775 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

nice jamie :cool: gives them a whole new lease of life. i'd give them a spray of lacquer,or the tarnish will return :?

which model is it rob ?,, i see from their site the most expensiive isnt tthe best or most powerful, seems some of the roadie lamps kick out about the same light as the maxx d, but not far off 1/2 the price.
theyve goot a light comparison that shows the actual projection in the dark,rather than just the numbers.

enjoy the new toy :LOL:

ma new toy i went for the bosch pro crdless drill with the 4ah batteries and wireless charger.rather nice but likely months afore i can use i
t :LOL: :LOL:

Re:

I got the Exposure Race MK12, I've just come in from trying it out in the local woods I cant believe the technology they can put in a wee light :facepalm:

Back