And today I did......

Re: Re:

RobMac":2va6ti6h said:
Jim every time I hear you on about your Zaskar I feel like digging mines out, its a '97' from memory.

There's another one of his many bikes none of us have ever seen or heard of :facepalm:

Re:

Jim, the muckmedden enduros are a great compromise. Rideable blind, not quite as gnarly and the Perth one was great fun( well except me stacking it and buggering my shoulder). Recommended , really good day out.

Enduro sounds pretty full on Kaiser, but it sounds like you had a real blast and a good day out which is what it is all about really.
For myself, I got back about midnight last night after heading to Forth Fat on Friday. Another great weekend and with a bit more variation to the rides on Saturday and Sunday and a much quicker pace made it a bit different than years past. A good variation of techy coastal rock riding for mile after mile picking a line, long cruisy beach sections then lots of stuff in the woods on tight singletrack to following the John Muir Way trail back to North Berwick yesterday.
Great riding and a great social weekend camping, eating and drinking with friends. A great fun weekend.

Jamie

DSCN3764 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN3770 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN3771 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

There was less of a turnout than last year, I think there was about 87 or something last year. I am not sure how many each day but a nice manageable number. There were some issues last year with the increase in numbers as it's basically just a ride, same as a macretro ride etc but it was becoming a bit hard to manage. There was less people this year I think due to it being a bank holiday and also there was a couple of other fat bike things going on down south. For the first time the guys from Surly hadn't come over from the States which was a shame and Pat from Ison was missed as I think he had another event. he is a funny guy and a good guy to ride with.
A great weekend, you should bring your plus bike along.

Jamie

Re:

A fat bikes a floatation tyred bike, that is a bike with a big footprint to allow it to ride on soft ground. Fat bikes evolved from bikes with 2 - 3" wide tyres on wide rims. Rim width is actually the important bit as it allows low psi and thus big footprint. So as long as your going to bring a bike that can be ridden on soft ground the fat bikers other than the true snobs will be happy to have you around. I've done runs on plus bikes with the fatbikers before and everybody was fine. ;)

Back