AMP B3 frame+forks,AMP FX3 forks,Hope,ControlTech - SOLD

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Having recently just bought something I truly shouldn't have, but could not resist, I need to thin the fleet to create space and funds for my purchase.

Whilst I don't want to do this, having spent some considerable time and effort sourcing all of the parts for this build, I'm testing the water on selling my AMP B3 frame and forks.

I'll post some pics as soon as I can get the box out from under the stairs, but I'm selling:

AMP B3 frame (18 inch I believe), rear shock (coil/oil), seat post clamp, race face headset (threaded) and of course a set of AMP FX3 forks (threaded steerer) to match. All in silver and in great condition. The frame and forks were overhauled/serviced just before I bought them (seals, bushings etc), and since buying, they have been stored indoors and have not been used. I also got a set of new decals made up for the frame and forks (thanks Gil_M), which will also be included (cost me £25). I've not fitted them as I was going to polish the frame to a mirror finish first, but have not gotten around to it yet.

I'm looking for £250 posted for the frame and forks, headset and new decals.

I have sourced a number of parts for this build along the way which will also be up for sale, but I'd give the buyer of the frame first refusal. These include:

- Control Tech seatpost in silver
- Control Tech ahead stem in silver
- Control Tech quill stem (NOS) in black
- Control Tech Team issue Control Stix in silver
- Control Tech bars in silver
- AMP FX3 forks with an ahead steerer (1 1/:cool:
- Various fork and frame rebuild kits from AMP Research
- Flite saddle

I was going to build this up running old hope disc brakes and have a couple of combinations on offer:

- Older hope brakes with Pace front disc mount, and rear frame mount - Cost me £60 posted so looking for the same back, but would prefer to sell with the wheels as the wheels are set up to work with the PACE disc mount.

- Newer IS style hope brakes (I think I have a couple of sets of these - single and twin pot) - £60 each

- I also had some IS mounts custom made so that both the frame and forks can run IS brakes (as the forks have an AMP specific mount) - £40 is what I paid for them if I recall.

I also have a Hope made fork disc tab adapter to convert the fork to run the pre-IS standard hope brakes - £20

As a result of wanting to run discs, I also have some Hope Ti Glide wheels (silver Ti glide front, silver bulb rear) laced to Mavic 317 rims, alloy silver nipples and DT Swiss double butted spokes. The hubs/wheels were serviced before I bought them so are as good as new with smooth bearings and are straight and true - The wheels cost me £150 posted, so would be looking for that back.

- I've also sourced a number of spare hope 5 bolt rotors, a spare front hope Ti Glide hub black flanges) and disc spider to name a few bits.

Any questions, just ask. Pics will follow as soon as I can take them, though I have posted one from the original sale advert, though the Risse shock is taying with me for the time being for use on my Mongoose Amplifier.

Ian

Attachments

• AMP-B3-for-sale.jpg
    AMP-B3-for-sale.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 3,884
Im looking for hope hubs (non disc) on mavic rims, plus an AMP fork if the steerer is long enough?

defo intreased in these > As a result of wanting to run discs, I also have some Hope Ti Glide wheels laced to Mavic rims (can't recall which rims, will update posting tomorrow) as well as a number of spare hope 5 bolt rotors, a spare front hub and disc spider to name a few bits.

what colour are they ?

Top tub length when you get it out please. :)

And do the F&F still have canti bosses?

KeepItSteel":1d610yec said:
Im looking for hope hubs (non disc) on mavic rims, plus an AMP fork if the steerer is long enough?
The hope hubs are disc specific, as are the rims. What length of steerer are you looking for? I've collected a few sets of AMP FX3 forks so may have something to suit. Also, assume 1 1/8 but could you confirm ahead/quill.

Ian

taffy":etap5r9d said:
Top tub length when you get it out please. :)

And do the F&F still have canti bosses?
Will measure up tomorrow and post details. Frame and fork has all of the appropriate brake bosses, the disc brakes were to be fitted using the adapters that screw into the existing cable guides, so no bodging of the frame. I can of course include these if someone wants to take a set of disc brakes too.

Ian

big.eck":3dg06gzq said:
defo intreased in these > As a result of wanting to run discs, I also have some Hope Ti Glide wheels laced to Mavic rims (can't recall which rims, will update posting tomorrow) as well as a number of spare hope 5 bolt rotors, a spare front hub and disc spider to name a few bits.

what colour are they ?
The front hub that is laced is 32 hole and has silver flanges and the older style hope logo on the central Ti part of the hub. The rear is an early bulb in silver, just checked. The rims if I recall correctly are grey, rather than black, and are in good condition, with a few minor marks. The decals have been removed but they are 317 disc specific rims (or so I was told when I bought them). The front hub currently has the Hope/Pace axle and spacers fitted in it so that it can be run with the pace disc mount, but I have another hope hub I can throw in that will enable you to swap the axles and spacers to run standard discs (hub is fine aside from cracked flanges and bearings are stiff). Or you could also buy the hope brakes with the pace mount included ;)

Attachments

• Hope-bulb-rear.jpg
    Hope-bulb-rear.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 3,833
  • Hope-bulb-front.jpg
    Hope-bulb-front.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 3,833
I'd like to register interest on the flight saddle and the control tech bars please.

:D

nevadasmith":2rrzx1v6 said:
I'd like to register interest on the flight saddle and the control tech bars please.

:D
Noted, but I'll give the frame buyer first refusal on the items listed, though that will depend on how desperate I get for space/money to pay for my new purchase :oops:

Im after 1.1/8th and ahead if you have anything? It'll need a long steerer though... 200mm+ ?

Back