Sold 1994 Mongoose Amplifier (AMP) Frame/Fork & Chris King Headset

MSYT

Retro Guru
Hey guys

I’ve decided to let go this rare frameset. A lightweight aluminium full suspension frameset, designed by AMP and licensed to Mongoose. The frame also comes with the matching AMP fork and a Chris King headset.

This has purely been a display bike in my care, with only one ride to see how it rode a few weeks ago. Previously, the last owner polished up the frame beautifully, fitted the AMP rear seatstay brace and resprayed the fork silver. At some point in the past too, the fork steerer has unfortunately been a bit butchered (which was hidden from me unfortunately) meaning I was only able to run a fairly low stack stem with no spacers.

The rest of the bike looks fantastic. Polished beautifully. There is some pitting from chain slap and suck on the chainstay but the rest of the frame is spot on.
It’s really a piece of mountain biking history and I’d love to keep it but I just have too many at the moment.

Frame is 17” centre to top.
100/135mm spacing.
Canti mounts
27.2mm seatpost
34.9mm top pull front mech.

£450 £300

Chris King headset & seatpost are not included

Any more details needed - let me know!

Attachments

• mongoose1.JPG
    mongoose1.JPG
    160.8 KB · Views: 123
  • mongoose2.JPG
    mongoose2.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 124
  • mongoose3.JPG
    mongoose3.JPG
    91.1 KB · Views: 96
  • mongoose4.JPG
    mongoose4.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 93
  • mongoose5.JPG
    mongoose5.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 88
  • mongoose6.JPG
    mongoose6.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 89
  • mongoose7.JPG
    mongoose7.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 87
  • mongoose8.JPG
    mongoose8.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 127
Last edited:
How does the rear canti work on one of these? Is it a standard cable hanger that just sits off centre given the cable routing?

Back