al carter sacrifice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread tidied up a little, let's keep it civil chaps.

Keep which you prefer would be my suggestion. What's the frame on the Al Carter.

Rusty Scrubber":2eep28k6 said:
I guess owning one I must know sod all about them and must have dreampt that they were / are decent? :roll:

Don't really recall much about Al Carter other than the odd mention in dispatches. Perhaps you can educate us on why they were good. Who was Al Carter.

Rusty Scrubber":2eep28k6 said:
Have a word mate. Your opinion is your opinion, and should not be used to trample all over the opinion of others, admin or not. ;)

Best get your facts straight there, LGF is not an admin. Wink ;)

The pic was an ice breaker John.

Did you need to remove it? ;)

As for my saying why the bikes are great, do we need to justify our love for all things 2 wheeled just to prove a point?

Knowing LGF isn't an admin actually makes me feel better about the forum. Heaven knows why I thought he was.

Maybe it's his 'get out of my way' posting style? :LOL:

Can we at least keep the picture a while longer? :mrgreen:

It was meant in very friendly light. ;)

Rusty Scrubber":2j6emd1e said:
The pic was an ice breaker John.

Did you need to remove it? ;)

In the context it was posted, yes.

As for my saying why the bikes are great, do we need to justify our love for all things 2 wheeled just to prove a point?

No, best you do as your please. I was just trying to give you a platform to justify why you felt Al Carter were such a good brand.

Can we at least keep the picture a while longer?

You can keep the image for 'personal use' as long as you wish.

Somehow this statement and this picture dont go together

Rusty Scrubber":1oucne27 said:
Al Carter bikes are quite rare, and were relatively top end in their day and worth decent money.

I have a Hot Rock and it's awesome.

alcarterhotrock.jpg

Dont tease us, where is the real bike? This looks to be a badly photoshopped Littlewoods catalog bike - mismatched wheels, 6spd shifters and a 5 spd block, wheres your real Al Carter?

Is it one like this?

img_1569_128.jpg

Or this?

$T2eC16NHJHQE9nzE)j50BP7,S+Pymg~~60_35.JPG

Come on, dont tease, show us the real 'high end' bike, not the leisure bicycle pictured.

If this is your bike, then you will need this to change the rear mech:

zoom_asset_75281452.jpg

and one of these fellas to add better more comfortable stems:

jd-308%20%20%20%20%20a51f%20%20%20p.jpg

In keeping with the topic, are you going to sacrifice anything to upgrade your hot rock? Plenty of bargains on ebay still.

Silly pictures aside, who was Al Carter? MTB pioneer? Roadie turned frame builder? Or just a name from Townsend.

Anybody know?

legrandefromage":wov404cy said:
Silly pictures aside, who was Al Carter? MTB pioneer? Roadie turned frame builder? Or just a name from Townsend.

Anybody know?

I am Al Carter. In fact there's a bit of Al Carter in all of us; in the smile of the newborn baby, in the laugh of the excited child, in the dream of every teenager and in the memory of every pensioner. Al Carter is what drives us to be better people and what makes us glad we are alive. I am Al Carter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back