al carter sacrifice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would rather have exage than xtr i hate xtr,past xtr have failed after a few months,exage,lx,xt i would take over xtr any time

Heres the muddy fox all deore and mavic replacements added.Dont wory the al carter is still all together i got myself a donor bike :)

Attachments

• 27 096.jpg
    27 096.jpg
    310.1 KB · Views: 1,273
It's very nice, but glad you didn't hurt the Al Carter.

Al Carter bikes are quite rare, and were relatively top end in their day and worth decent money.

I have a Hot Rock and it's awesome.

Rusty Scrubber":1zp2o84a said:

Al Carter bikes are quite rare, and were relatively top end in their day and worth decent money.

Al-Carter were posh Emmelle if memory serves and no, they werent any good back then either as they often weighed mmore than their counterparts, even Claud Butlers.

legrandefromage":2pyisvyh said:
Rusty Scrubber":2pyisvyh said:

Al-Carter were posh Emmelle if memory serves and no, they werent any good back then either as they often weighed mmore than their counterparts, even Claud Butlers.
Sure they were townsend

lowe1677":378v4wen said:
legrandefromage":378v4wen said:
Rusty Scrubber":378v4wen said:

Sure they were townsend

Its one of those, Townsend, Emmelle, Falcon, they were all a bit too late in making up a posher name to up their brands.

By then it was too late - we already knew that Yaksmaka too well...

:LOL:

legrandefromage":ariaavnv said:
Rusty Scrubber":ariaavnv said:

I guess owning one I must know sod all about them and must have dreampt that they were / are decent? :roll:

Have a word mate. Your opinion is your opinion, and should not be used to trample all over the opinion of others, admin or not. ;)

Both bikes are good and always will be to me,each to there own taste.Don't get how you can say al carter are shite when they had top spec parts,tange tubes etc for the time.This is retrobike and these are retro bikes!!

lowe1677":9yoyz1u2 said:
Both bikes are good and always will be to me,each to there own taste.Don't get how you can say al carter are shite when they had top spec parts,tange tubes etc for the time.This is retrobike and these are retro bikes!!

They weren't shite mate.

Take no notice.

Anybody who thinks 'light' is always 'better' is welcome to their opinion.

Visually, they were also some of the coolest looking bikes about, and they had decent bits on for the day.

One of my favourite bikes, and for LGF to slate them like that, especially after another person complimented them, is nothing short of rude. ;)

Cool bikes in my opinion if ever there were any. ;)

Here's one of mine.

alcarterhotrock.jpg

27_058_573.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back