Advice pls - paid for items - seller vanished (Gtaddict)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re:

Well it looks like im the latest victim of gt addict , i purchased the gt frame he had advertised on here , the item was paid for around the 15 of November, and was to be delivered to my sons address as im out of the country however as of today the item has not been delivered , i have emailed him and private message but have not recieved a response , i did see this thread and thought the previous problem was just a mistake however all i can say is avoid gtaddict if he ever returns here.

Could be worse. I have conducted many transactions on here, all of which have been easy and not had a single problem.
Needed some new brakes for my Kona FS and saw a set of M615 Deores on Pinkbike for reasonable money (well actually a good deal as they also included rotors that I didn't need) so I contacted the seller and paid for them the same day.
They were supposedly dispatched but after a few days they didn't arrive so I contacted the seller for information, he agreed to provide tracking details later when he go the card at home. I asked him that evening and he told me that the brakes had be returned to his parents house (WTAF? is he stupid, why would the post office take them there if they were addressed to me and his address was the return one???).
Offered to repost or refund, I still wanted them so I told him to repost. He said they would go a day or so later and provide tracking. Then claimed to have posted and again promised tracking, twice. Then I get no response to PM's.
Fortunately paid with Paypal goods so I have submitted a claim but it will take a few weeks to process especially as he seems to be ignoring them too.
So first transaction on Pinkbike I was scammed. Fortunately I have made 2 successful ones since. I also got replacement brakes from eBay for similar money.

Carl.

Yeah it could have been more money , this was my first purchase on this forum , i have since made another purchase that has been successful

I typed that and no more than 2 minutes later i got a mail from the seller! How weird is that. Many apologies for not sending it and telling me he will post it ASAP. Sorry he's missed that boat now and I have asked for a refund.
Doubt I'll get that I guess he's trying to spin it out for longer and add some response to the mail trail he can try and use as evidence on Paypal. We'll see.

Carl.

dave69":2meuklut said:
Yeah it could have been more money , this was my first purchase on this forum , i have since made another purchase that has been successful

dave69
I hope you get things sorted out with the seller but it sounds poor.

Don't lose faith in Retrobike. I've purchased more bits and pieces on this forum than I care to think about and never had a bad experience. Had heaps of help with my daft questions about how these old fangled bike things work/don't work. I was just given a set of brakes that I offered to buy. The Karma Queen knows who she is.

Re:

One bad sale can be chalked up to events out of a sellers control but same seller twice is alarm bell ringing time. I’d never buy from him now regardless of price or item

Re: Re:

d8mok":12306cp4 said:
One bad sale can be chalked up to events out of a sellers control but same seller twice is alarm bell ringing time. I’d never buy from him now regardless of price or item
Yeah spot on there, It's about time the Admins got to grips with this Gtadidict fella, he was active on here while ibbz was having issues!
Kick his ass out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back