Advice pls - paid for items - seller vanished (Gtaddict)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on sums involved.

Anything up to a few hundred quid, you'll get a crime reference number and that's pretty much it.
Unless he's scammed hundreds of people.

The "punishment" from the bank is probably more effective.

like ishaw said above, contact the mods, there is a procedure set for such issues. The bank or anyone else will expect you to have least followed this option if available.

The bank will have a deadline for such actions so best to sort it sooner than later.

mark

Hi All I work in a Bank (UK) and yes I can confirm that if a customer calls us for a refund then yes we contact the other bank to send the money back to us and when it arrives we place it back into the customers account.

Nothing like Direct Debits (DDIC) but normally if the customer has paid money into the wrong account - so phone your bank asap (today is fine) and ask them to get your money back asap.

fotorat1":3ktugtai said:
Hi All I work in a Bank (UK) and yes I can confirm that if a customer calls us for a refund then yes we contact the other bank to send the money back to us and when it arrives we place it back into the customers account.

Nothing like Direct Debits (DDIC) but normally if the customer has paid money into the wrong account - so phone your bank asap (today is fine) and ask them to get your money back asap.

Thank you! Very much appreciate it and all the help and advice from others too

Re:

It’s quite alarming that they could recall the money. What about if the buyer is fraudulent and says to recall funds and they disappear from a genuine sellers account. Not implying this applies here.

Bank transfer I always understood was a done deal unless the account was cloned etc.

Re:

Banks are now able to recover money much the same way as credit card companies do. In both cases they don't just simply do it, investigation is carried out first to ensure it is justified.

Yes, they act incase its real and withhold the funds until they are happy it actually is, that way no one looses out.

Re:

I contacted my bank and they put me through to fraud who took the details of the transaction.
They said my account will be blocked from making any more transfers while the investigation is carried out - there’s no timescale on the investigation
They did ask me questions about whether I’ve received any emails from my bank or from 3rd parties asking for bank details - or to download an app. (Nothing)
Justin Disnt reply to me even though it’s been noted he has logged on - thus I’ve taken the appropriate action.

Re:

This might explain his lack of contact?

Hi everyone I am moving house in 3 weeks............

Dropped a link to this thread on his wanted post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back