Advice, 90ies MTrax/RSP or equiv or Modern steel Hardtail?

NeilM":2q6wgunf said:
I got a race ready Orange P7 weighing 22lbs from a fellow member for under £250 :shock: No suspension, but a truly excellent bike.

There are plenty of steel retro bikes to suit your budget, and if you try a wanted advert, you may even get an Mtrax. The 853's are pretty rare, but they are about.

Thanks for the tip man, I think I'll be putting a Wanted post in!!
Any pics of your bike??

I think the only pictures we have are in this thread.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=214579

Look out for the lad wearing a grey/blue/black shimano top, that's my son on the P7. Also look out for the only girl on the ride, that's my daughter on the C16R I built up for her.

Both the P7 and C16R are highly underrated bikes and well worth considering, as they are usually pretty well priced.

*low gravelly whisper* "Take care man you don't know what you're getting into. These voices may sound friendly but they're just trying to lure you in. You want my advice? Turn around, walk away, don't look back."

jaypee":3tmicwff said:
*low gravelly whisper* "Take care man you don't know what you're getting into. These voices may sound friendly but they're just trying to lure you in. You want my advice? Turn around, walk away, don't look back."

HUSH... you know we are forbidden to warn them, once they are ours, they are ours for LIFE :twisted:

NeilM":2ejp6dku said:
I think the only pictures we have are in this thread.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=214579

Look out for the lad wearing a grey/blue/black shimano top, that's my son on the P7. Also look out for the only girl on the ride, that's my daughter on the C16R I built up for her.

Both the P7 and C16R are highly underrated bikes and well worth considering, as they are usually pretty well priced.

Thanks man! Looks like they're having a wicked time! And nice bikes! Cheers!

jaypee":2cwykrlx said:

Well, as it happens, I think I need to look for a road bike too, as I can't possibly ride an ATB on the road! And the road bike MUST be a retro one, can't be buying a homage' but a bona fide classic Road Bike, and I always admired some of the 90ies full sussers - and that Richey looked good, mmmmm .... what have you lot done to me? I've been spening the last week or so looking at bikes, and not a case of popping into halfords or Evans or other bike shops - but looking at Retro Bikes, bikes which used to cost 1000's but now are bargains and beautiful and I want one, no two, no, sheeet...

ibbz":2cp3ltfo said:
jaypee":2cp3ltfo said:

Well, as it happens, I think I need to look for a road bike too, as I can't possibly ride an ATB on the road! And the road bike MUST be a retro one, can't be buying a homage' but a bona fide classic Road Bike, and I always admired some of the 90ies full sussers - and that Richey looked good, mmmmm .... what have you lot done to me? I've been spening the last week or so looking at bikes, and not a case of popping into halfords or Evans or other bike shops - but looking at Retro Bikes, bikes which used to cost 1000's but now are bargains and beautiful and I want one, no two, no, sheeet...

And so it begins :twisted:

jaypee":3i2sgs71 said:

Its the bike equivalent of the Hotel California here.

Oh and the M-Trax frames are suprisingly difficult to get hold of. Seems to be more Dynatechs available.

lozK is selling an M Trax Team Edition, I was wondering how this bike is like? Say compared to a Reynolds Chromo framed one - as the Team edition I think is Bonded Titanium (thanks Bikemeister) does this affect it in any way in terms?

Back