A very, very pretty Yeti ARC...

I’m using that 🤣

we all know the man can weld a cock on a snowman 🤣🤣🤣

And if you want to view the workmanship, surely you just zoom in on the seat tube and head tube?

LOL, this thread gets better and better. As for value, I guess what someone is willing to pay. I'm just old and grumpy, and don't like the way prices on all cool, old things with wheels have gone stupid lately.

Just to clarify my earlier comment, the bling is all amazing stuff. I just feel that these frames, and others that are similarly iconic, look so good that they don't need the eye candy boost.

We might be bringing today's sensibilities into it though. Those I knew who had the high end bikes also tended to trick them out with lots of expensive purpleness, and even day glo on occasion. The early 90s were hardly understated colour palette wise. Regardless of what I think of the look now, my early 90s self would have thought it looked brilliant.

@RichardMardle That thing is epic and a credit to you mate! 👍

Regarding the price...Of course it's objective, however most of the people that are questioning the price are not in the market for a Yeti of this type or quality?

There are a number of factors to consider when something like this comes up for sale at what is clearly the top end of the market:

1: Quality - The vendors used and the components collected and fitted during the restoration.
2: The identity of the item - Was or is it a desirable and highly sought after brand or model, either back in the day or now.
3: The 'find another' cliché - How many others are there of the same type etc. to choose from.
4: The 'value' question - Do YOU see the value in it? Are you buying it for the right reason? Any speculators would need to sit on it for a LLOOOONG time to see a marginal ROI.

The long and short of it is, if you are looking for the best example of a restored ARC, then the price is almost irrelevant as you will be a person of means and as such could afford the asking price.

I personally think that it's absolutely beautiful and well worth the asking price, especially when you factor in the time and effort that went into shipping it around the world for repairs & paint and putting all of the components together for the build!

I contemplated it myself once the price was re-adjusted yesterday, however space to do it justice is an issue for me before our home renovations/ rebuild begins and trying to win the "An old bike will look awesome hanging on the dining room wall!" argument with the wife just isn't worth the agg...🤦‍♂️

Probably yes
The wheels aren’t to my personal taste
But the rest of the spec is pretty bang on. I also think a repaired ARC is better than a cracked ARC.
And that Ultimate Mani crown is gorgeous 😍

How much do ARC frames go for nowadays? Not seen a decent one for sale for a long time.

And an ARC with 3DV or turq bling is pretty iconic early 90s.

If I didn’t already have an ARC, I’d be all over this one. For me the wheels are an easy fix.

Do it Darren! Have two of them!!! If I was already in the possession of yours, I'd be almost inclined to have a sister bike to 'book end' the collection!!! 👌😍 🤣

FTW is a big plus i would think, bitd or today, a little overdone with the purple, less is often more, as for price, it is what it is, selling off some of the bling will reduce the price and reduce the glare.

Typical negativity from those that have no actual interest. (not including all posters here, but I'm sure we can work it out)

I know @RichardMardle and know his collection, I also know he really won't care what people think.

If you don't like the price, move on to what you do like, if its too much 'bling' then look elsewhere.

But I will say this, in today's climate, if you think the asking price is absurd....try and build one yourself and see what it costs, if you can find a frame and the parts to even start with that is.

Again, there's too much negativity rearing it's ugly head on this site lately, but then it seems to be the norm in general in all walks of life.

Maybe people need to take a minute to think about what they are choosing to comment, do you see the seller etc posting on YOUR stuff being negative? Of course not.
Its called integrity.

Back