A Trip Down Memory Lane with a £500 Bontrager.

Re:

Thanks for that. As you know I'm a big bontrager can too, although I've just sold my privateer to fund a (new) yeti.

Hoping to get a race lite frame in the future though.

Re: Re:

slackboy":1i8cnf7n said:
Thanks for that. As you know I'm a big bontrager can too, although I've just sold my privateer to fund a (new) yeti.

Hoping to get a race lite frame in the future though.

Good luck with Yeti project, and you wont have to look too far for a suitable Race Lite frame, Neil's is fantastic value with a Tange fork if if fits and he doesn't decide too keep it... ;)

Re: Re:

Eagach":3oolufqs said:
Nice one ! Cheers

Hope you and Tangent got chance to watch the You tube video, hes as cool as the Nitro behind him.... :cool:

Re:

I found this is in an old book in the workshop today, "the complete Book of Mountain biking", on one of the first pages, Jenny Johnston in bitd.

It led me to find her blog, which I didn't even know she had, its cool and I hope she doesn't mind me posting it, im sure those that frequented the races will remember her, but if not, it makes for a really good read...

https://www.250wrc.com/mtb-stories-blog/then-amp-now

Attachments

• Bontrager Jenny.jpg
    Bontrager Jenny.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 165
Agree that makes for a brilliant read indeed...thanks for posting.

Have enjoyed watching the KB ‘lecture’ , alongside the engineering details , there is some great humour mixed in too...which stressed my busted ribs a bit! Ha.

When can access the loft again am certain my Bonty OR will be brought down for a 2021 rebuild....

Agree that makes for a brilliant read indeed...thanks for posting.

Have enjoyed watching the KB ‘lecture’ , alongside the engineering details , there is some great humour mixed in too...which stressed my busted ribs a bit! Ha.

When can access the loft again am certain my Bonty OR will be brought down for a 2021 rebuild....

With my shed full, beyond sensible capacity, my Bonty has often come close to being sold. Thanks to you and this thread Carl, it will remain on its hook, for the time being at least!

Re:

Dust off the cobb webs fellas, they are hard to beat imho. :cool:

Back