A road frame for an urban bike

Have a look at the Genesis Croix de Fer...looks exactly like what you are seeking...
genesis-croix-de-fer-2012154.jpg

Flat bars for off road drops for on, nope dont get the logic at all.
Bars that are comfy and right for you in the situation you intend to use them surely ?
I like flat bars on a road bike, I never find drop bars comfortable but thats just me, there are no rules just opinions in handle bars.

I have to agree with the drop bars on the road - best in every respect for rides longer than 30mins.

I am a mountain biker at heart but love my road bike. I started off with a flat bar road bike but decided to go for drop bars eventually after struggling to be comfortable over longer distances - I just needed more hand positions.

I now love drop bars but it wasn't an easy path to enjoyment. My first bike was a Specialized Secteur. The only way I was comfortable on the tops and hoods was positioning the drop position too far away. I changed my bike for a Spesh Tricross and this had better shaped bars but the drops position still seemed too far away.

After discussing it with a couple of shops I knew I needed something very compact, but with a long reach, plus some flat sections on the edge of the hoods position so my hands didn't roll off sideways. As I have broad I plumped for 44 rather than 42cm bars. I chose FSA k-wing compact carbon bars and I LOVE them!

Great profile on the tops, hoods position is perfection and I can reach the drops position well enough to be confident doing so.

Back