A possible ebay scam.

Rampage

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Something to beware of because it happened to me last week.

Had a buyer buy something from me, I was in hospital so couldn't post immediately. The day they were "estimated" to arrive with him by ebay they didn't. So he opened a claim saying he hadn't received it. Contacted him and explained and said I would post as soon as I was out which I did. He was ok with this.
So I posted. The problem is that he hasn't acknowledged that he has received the item to ebay and he's ignoring messages from me. Unfortunately if ebay receives no contact from the buyer they decide that they haven't received the item and issues them a refund.

I think you are covered if you post with tracking, but with no tracking you are screwed. The buyer hasn't broken the law by saying it's not arrived when it has.

Something to beware of.

Re:

Surely eBay don't make a decision until they receive a response from the buyer saying yes they have received or no they haven't?

doctorstewie":3a6fvm10 said:
Crikey.Hope it gets sorted and hope you are all better.

Not a lot of money, just to warn other people about it really. I'll be sending everything tracked in future and charging extra for postage. It works out well for ebay as they change commission on postage.

I'm fine, hit my head in a kids playground, then had a really bad headache a few days later, NHS direct sent me to A&E and due to messing up a CT scan and three lumbar punctures I was in for 5 days! Had an MR scan in the end and everything is fine :)
Managed to watch a lot of films though.

Re: Re:

raidan73":3m7ugd5m said:
Surely eBay don't make a decision until they receive a response from the buyer saying yes they have received or no they haven't?

It turns out they do!

Re: Re:

Rampage":17nod2sq said:
raidan73":17nod2sq said:

It turns out they do!

I know some of eBay's policies are questionable but that is ridiculous!

You would have thought that common sense dictates that if someone doesn't follow up on their complaint and fails to respond then they have probably received it? I know from experience on eBay and on here that many people are full of questions and good comm's until the item is dispatched and then you never hear from them again.

SEND RECORDED
I don't know how many times this has raised its ugly head here on RB :?

Between here and ebay ive sent in the region of 700 packets/parcels etc
With a couple of exceptions ,every one was sent recorded. This costs an extra 80p EIGHTY FKING PENCE.

Way back at the beginning of this I sent 3 parcels down south ,just plain 1st class and two of which vanished.
One of those items was very well packaged and the address was spot on and I suspect the recipient has no morals. After which I started sending recorded and ive not had a problem since.

Are you 100% sure he has it ?
RM tracking is accepted by ebay. So if he says it didn't turn up and you have a signature then ebay will side with you . Even if the actual case was some scroat signed for it, the onus in now on the PO and they would have to at least investigate

As above, always send recorded.
Never send anything otherwise.
I know that doesn't help you much but maybe it will in the future.
Hope it wasn't too expensive.

Yes, by my own experience up to 3% of mail goes missing (both receiving as well as sending). I always send stuff signed for.

My Dr.'s advice after my last concussion was "Stop hitting your head on stuff". He's a card.

Back