96 Zaskar LE build. Ideal fork?

those are 96 decals, but by 96 the gusset lived under the downtube like on the top one.

Re:

OK so I made up my mind and I took my black SID world Cup and painted it white, applied new decals and will install it on the bike.

Before...

After...

cce":3tm3lfpi said:
Really anything prior to a Bomber has questionable-at-best benefits over a rigid fork

A Manitou 4-earlier is a great fork with good bushings, elasomers and properly lubed. And very easy to work on. If it's not serviced then, no, it's no better than a rigid. But that's the case with any suspension fork. I ride mine into the ground, this is the 4th one I've had over the years. Only issue I've had is with the long travel kits clunking on top out. Never could figure out that one.

2014-03-20115611_zpsb6ff8672.jpg

Smithjss70":3b2sqen2 said:
Equally cool bike. Is that an Apex? Good to see the Southeastern U.S. representing!

It's a '94 Axis TR, almost completely original. That pic was taken at LB Houston trails in Irving, TX last winter. The bike has been ridden all over the country. Fork is still going strong.

Txn67":qst4550p said:
Smithjss70":qst4550p said:
Equally cool bike. Is that an Apex? Good to see the Southeastern U.S. representing!

It's a '94 Axis TR, almost completely original. That pic was taken at LB Houston trails in Irving, TX last winter. The bike has been ridden all over the country. Fork is still going strong.

Nice ride. As noted, I have several of these forks

hoxn.jpg

but am partial to the Bomber for where and what I ride.

Back