94 GT Zaskar LE rebuild

Re:

Muddy paw":2ssuqblz said:
Yes mate i understand what your saying and i agree costs are an issue when it come's down to replacing retro parts with NOS so if it's possible to get parts at reasonable price then i agree it would be a viable option to get NOS other wise like you say it's a lot cheaper to buy modern parts and it's just a pity that we can't find new chain rings to fit Retro cranks unless any one is fortunate to own the right tools out there to produce these item
as the call for these parts the demand would be huge i imagine ;) ..

I don't think availability is an issue - I think TA makes a wide range of rings still. Its just you're looking at somewhere in the range of $200 CAD to replace three rings on a vintage crank. I managed to get a modern RaceFace ride crank with bb included for $55 USD. I might have gotten a clapped out XT locally for $60 CAD without a bb and I still would have had the chain ring issue. :(

Now that's certainly a no brainer then if that's what the sellers are expecting people to pay which is annoying to say the least so it's out with the old and in with the new :( ..

Back