93" Konas Headtubes

Skeeter1

Kona Fan
I'm trying to figure out what my old Kona frame size was by just old visual images!!
I want to replicate this bike as much as possible and going by the photo I feel this is a 19" as the 20" Head Tube is definitely greater of the same year Cindercone and I've recently seen a 18" and it looks smaller than my image!....Soooooo am I right in saying the bike I had back then was a 19"?
Any tips as to figure this out will be greatly appreciated 👍🏻

P.s my hair doesn't look like this now!! 🙈

Attachments

• IMG_20200417_113823.jpg
    IMG_20200417_113823.jpg
    332.4 KB · Views: 42
Would probably help to know your height today versus age in the picture.

At a glance I would guess at 17” for that. It doesn’t look like a 19”.

We can probably assume the cranks are 175mm.. so.. get your ruler out 😊

Would probably help to know your height today versus age in the picture.

At a glance I would guess at 17” for that. It doesn’t look like a 19”.

We can probably assume the cranks are 175mm.. so.. get your ruler out 😊
What confuses me is that the Headtube on a recently seen 18" 93 cindercone is less of a size than the one in picture.
I just gathered the Headtube size gets smaller as the frame size reduces...like the gap where the top tube meets the downtube from the Headtube.

I go by the top of the line from the top of the rear tyre across to the top of the front tyre, the 18" bisects the top, seat and seat stay tubes, this is larger, so a 19", as like you say, the 20" headtube looks longer.

OH my....Your "18" isn't by any chance annoying you is it.....to the point that you could sell it to me please!!? 🙏🏻 I'm absolutely desperate to get my hands on one again. Exactly 30yrs ago I last bought one.
Even if you aren't parting with it may I ask if you could keep an eye out for me please.

Best wishes.

Ian.

No, I am keeping this one for now, sorry :) i will keep an eye out for you though of course.

Here is the link to the full build thread if you haven't seen it already

No, I am keeping this one for now, sorry :) i will keep an eye out for you though of course.

Here is the link to the full build thread if you haven't seen it already

No worries...
I Love the green USE seatpost..that's what was on mine years ago 👍🏻
Your build looks great,and it's always good to have it documented so you can look back at it.

I'd say it's a 19" frame looking at it.
As reference here's my 19" Explosif and my departed 20" Kilauea for reference.

Attachments

• IMG_20221016_132700_edit_13965789884326.jpg
    IMG_20221016_132700_edit_13965789884326.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 9
Back