93 (I think) GT Tequesta

AntGT

Retro Newbie
My 93 GT Tequesta, at least I think it is a 93. Dragged it out the shed with the thought of converting it to a single speed hack to get to the station on .... but can't be bothered.

I've had it since new, done literally 10's of thousands of miles, competed in many many races and events in various guises over the years until late 90's when it was 'retired' to the shed complete with mud and filth.

I'll try and remember what it has on it now over standard spec:

STX RC Shifters / Levers
Tektro cantis
XT rear mech (late 90's i think)
STX RC or LX cassette
Sugino Fuse 500 chainset
XT BB
LX hubs, Bontrager rims (from my 95 or 96 Kona Cindercone)
UNO stem (somewhat faded)
Scott DH Flexbar
Yeti grips
Stainless Cables
Probably other bits n bobs
18in Frame

Condition is as I pulled it out the shed, Frame & Forks look fine, few scuffs n scratches, nothing terminal. A couple of years ago I had an idea of using it again but the seatpost had stuck solid in the frame, had to apply some heat to remove it .... (hence the discolouration around the seat tube top) .... and managed to collapse the rear wheel in the process (went straight back in the shed) so could do with a rim and a rebuild. Tyres are shot as well.

All sprocket teeth etc look fine, plenty of life yet.

What do I want for it? dunno really .... open to offers but as I have to put a price on it ... say £100.

Attachments

• IMAG0104.jpg
    IMAG0104.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 1,974
  • IMAG0105.jpg
    IMAG0105.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,974
  • IMAG0106.jpg
    IMAG0106.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,974
  • IMAG0107.jpg
    IMAG0107.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 1,974
No, I got the seat post (27.0 mm) out and put in a correct dia one I had lying around (26.8 mm as in the pics)

..... I don't remember how the 27.0 ended up in there to be honest!

Still forsale

Just been in my garage and realised I still have this forsale!

Any takers?? :)

Struggling to get the bigger pics uploaded due to size etc, if you PM me your email I'll send them to you?

Back