91 GT Zaskar

Great job on the frame & fork. I’m another long time Zaskar fan, especially 90-92 models. Didn’t know they had XC Pro on the 90. Looks stunning. Love the seatpost.
Front hub is facing wrong way - I’d have to rebuild that again and slap the wheel builder into next week but it’s a really great looking bike! Congratulations.

Great job on the frame & fork. I’m another long time Zaskar fan, especially 90-92 models. Didn’t know they had XC Pro on the 90. Looks stunning. Love the seatpost.
Front hub is facing wrong way - I’d have to rebuild that again and slap the wheel builder into next week but it’s a really great looking bike! Congratulations.
Thank you. Man, I wish you hadn't mentioned the hub lol! The 91 was available frame only but also with an XT groupset or XC Pro. Mine had Suntour on when I bought it, so thought it only right try and keep it going. I diverted a little with the wheels as I didn't want a Suntour rear hub and seven speed cassette. The NOS rear mech was hard to find, it's really been an international search to get all these pieces together.

Thank you. Man, I wish you hadn't mentioned the hub lol! The 91 was available frame only but also with an XT groupset or XC Pro. Mine had Suntour on when I bought it, so thought it only right try and keep it going. I diverted a little with the wheels as I didn't want a Suntour rear hub and seven speed cassette. The NOS rear mech was hard to find, it's really been an international search to get all these pieces together.
Sorry man! I’m not OCD just fussy. I learned the hard way once by having one built like yours (on DX x Mavic) and never changed it. Never again!
Right! I have spent ost few days going through old mags scanning stuff to put on mancave walls and saw an early GT advert for the Zaskar in Mountain Bike Action offering the different specs - I thought UK options were different but learn something every day!
It really is a cracking build! 🙌

What makes you say that? Is there an actual right and wrong way around? Text is facing the same direction as the rear wheel - which I have always used as the basis for front hub facing direction 🤔 I'm sure I've got a variety of right & wrong in my collection! 🤣

Lovely build either way! I'm quite keen to get an early GT next, perhaps an RTS-1 or Team...

From all Shimano catalogs and manufacturers’ catalogs of the day. Even Ringlé did it. Front hub label facing forwards. Rear hub label rear wards.

Latest posts

Back