90 Dolomite (the itch I had to scratch)

Re:

Nice work mate, very nice :cool:

I like Rolls saddles but on your Klein I reckon a white Turbo might look better. I think the black lettering would tie in nicely with the black decals, rather than the gold badge of the Rolls - but that's just me :LOL:

Re:

I had planned on getting a turbo actually but the rolls came up and it was the right age at the right price. I've also got a re-issue flite which may be fitted along with a slightly beat up xt seatpost when I take it out for the first time. :D

Attachments

• 90 Rolls.jpg
    90 Rolls.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 677
Re: Re:

DynaCol":2s9n2q6o said:
I had planned on getting a turbo actually but the rolls came up and it was the right age at the right price. I've also got a re-issue flite which may be fitted along with a slightly beat up xt seatpost when I take it out for the first time. :D

You mean you've not been out on it yet? What's the hold up man?! Get out there! :D

Re:

Ok so finally managed to get out on the bike today for the first time. Took it for a quick blast round Carron Valley. It rides really fast, even with a slow coach like me on it, very spritely and surprisingly comfortable.

I made a couple of changes to the bike before it went on its maiden voyage. Seatpost and saddle changed for an M730 XT and Flite as planned but I also swapped the rear canti's to a pair of Dia-compe 987's for extra heel clearance (original spec was 986's but had a pair of NOS 987's already).

Final weight comes in at 23.12lb

Attachments

• First Ride 2.jpg
    First Ride 2.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 632
  • First Ride 1.jpg
    First Ride 1.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 632
Well i thought it looked wonderful in the original pics but out doors it just looks amazing :cool: , it's no surprise that you enjoyed the ride as they are imho one of the best riding bikes out there ;) ..

Re:

I didn't go very far but it wasn't the bone shuddering ride I was expecting TBH, maybe an all day effort may be different but initial impressions are that it's pretty comfie :D . Tried the Flite and just prefer the look of it, the Rolls is safely packed away for another day/bike.

Re:

Looks even better in its natural habitat :)

Interesting about you fitting the 987's as I have some I plan to fit to mine as well.

Back