90 Dolomite (the itch I had to scratch)

Re:

ya bloody bassa! :LOL:

I'm on the lookout for one o' them as well at the moment, where'd you find yours??

I'm the same, I had ride on one early 90's and was blown away by how light & nimble it was, always fancied owning one.

Re: Re:

ez054098":3plu742u said:
Congrats. I remember that feeling when I finally got mine. Still one of my favorite bikes to ride.

Beautiful bike!
Can't wait to get it built up and ridden, hopefully won't be too long. Some collection you've got!!

prefixie":3plu742u said:
Very cool. I like the black cranks. Did they ever have black bolt covers?
That's how they came to me, I'm possibly going to swap to silver crank arms anyway but keep the black rings as I prefer the contrast more than the all black look.

jimo746":3plu742u said:
ya bloody bassa! :LOL:

I'm on the lookout for one o' them as well at the moment, where'd you find yours??

I'm the same, I had ride on one early 90's and was blown away by how light & nimble it was, always fancied owning one.
:LOL: Sorry Jim I don't intentially find bikes to be a bassa. This one came from a member on here Colonia, he was selling part of his collection of Kleins. Have never even ridden one of these so can't wait. Got a nice pair of wheels getting built up which I should be collecting this weekend so with any luck it won't be too long a wait until it is rideable. I'll post some pic's of a few of the bits for the build shortly.

I just love the way these bikes look and i have always classed them as the swan amongst all the other bikes out their as they really do look that good that i would own a house full if i had the money even though i've never ridden one :cry: and yours is so so amazing to look at that i'm practically drooling :facepalm: ..

Re:

Prepare for some more drooling Muddy Paw :LOL: , picked up the wheels yesterday from Hardie Bikes who did a rather fine job of building them up.

Attachments

• Front Wheel.jpg
    Front Wheel.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 511
  • Rear Wheel.jpg
    Rear Wheel.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 511
  • RM-14 Rim.jpg
    RM-14 Rim.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 511
  • Rear Hub.jpg
    Rear Hub.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 511
  • Front Hub.jpg
    Front Hub.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 511
Re:

Those wheels are :cool:

Although it looks like a few more parts have fallen off the bike since the first pics? What's going on?

PS: we'll have to have a "Retro Klein" meet sometime ;)

ez054098":35d1985x said:
I love it!
Me too!! :D

jimo746":35d1985x said:
Those wheels are :cool:

Although it looks like a few more parts have fallen off the bike since the first pics? What's going on?

PS: we'll have to have a "Retro Klein" meet sometime ;)
The bike came with all the bits pictured originally, apart from the wheels, so have stripped it down for cleaning and polishing. There's a bit of damage to the paint around the top of the seat tube (probably from a chain lock wrapped around the area) which I'll need to address, I'll post some close up pic's later as could do with some advice on the best way to tackle it.
Ohh aye, tell us more about this Klein meet then.

DynaCol":vr3fajs7 said:
Prepare for some more drooling Muddy Paw :LOL: , picked up the wheels yesterday from Hardie Bikes who did a rather fine job of building them up.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :shock: , behave yourself Dyna !! as this is really really killing me :cry: :cry: , yes those wheels are just to die for as just looking at the rims alone gives me " Goose Bump's " :eek: .

Yep! you better not invite round as some ones bike might go for a long ride :shock: :LOL: :LOL: ..

Muddy paw":2v5pbi9t said:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :shock: , behave yourself Dyna !! as this is really really killing me :cry: :cry: , yes those wheels are just to die for as just looking at the rims alone gives me " Goose Bump's " :eek: .

Yep! you better not invite round as some ones bike might go for a long ride :shock: :LOL: :LOL: ..
:LOL: sorry.
The NOS rims came from a member on here (obi-wan-mtb), was lucky enough to get to the sale thread first. They were available in 1990 according to Mombat and the pink matches the frame nicely so couldn't have worked out better.

Attachments

• 90Araya2.jpg
    90Araya2.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 488
Back