'89 Ritchey TimberComp - more pics

So do I assume that people would have preferred the bike with original paint and a zoom stem over this bike with original parts and original fillet brazed stem?

Not unless you want to jump to a conclusion unsupported by any of the available evidence :) People don't object so much to missing/wrong parts because the "right" ones can usually be acquired and bolted on. Once the original paint and lived-in appearance have gone, they're gone. No putting that back.

JPintheCAN, if that's your real name? ;)

You have been a top bloke for fighting your corner in such a reasond way. good on ya mate! as you chaps like to say.

You still made a big fat boob though, didn't you?

Big respect to you and your upside down peoples.

al. :D

:shock: :shock: :shock:

:shock:

And did I mention... :shock:

And you think powdercoating stops the rust? I you have done something to stop it, then why the powder?

Tyres (on the white/purple) are cool however, what are they? Kenda ?

OOOOOHHH NOOOOOOO

if you wanted a nondescript steel frame you should have bought a surly and left the classics to people that will appreciate it. It's too late for that former beauty but I hope this thread can serve as a warning to others.

StanleyButterfly":1rmcrtm5 said:
OOOOOHHH NOOOOOOO

if you wanted a nondescript steel frame you should have bought a surly and left the classics to people that will appreciate it. It's too late for that former beauty but I hope this thread can serve as a warning to others.

Nondescript Surly!!

How dare you. :roll:

al.

al":1xg3ni6n said:
StanleyButterfly":1xg3ni6n said:
OOOOOHHH NOOOOOOO

Nondescript Surly!!

al.

What? You find Surlys very unique?

StanleyButterfly":3m3zo73o said:
al":3m3zo73o said:
StanleyButterfly":3m3zo73o said:
OOOOOHHH NOOOOOOO

Nondescript Surly!!

al.

What? You find Surlys very unique?

In the task they are designed for, yes.

And I have one in the bike of the month,keep up fella! ;)

It's no good having a pop at other peoples choices of bike! Lets just gang up on one at a time aye. :LOL:

al.

ps vote for me.

bike aesthetics

nay offence , but why buy a bike you like the look of and then......
pah pah pah... pah pah pah ...pah pah pah pah pah .... [to the tune of the last post]. Like bleaching a Saville row suit. :cry:

I get your point totally fella and understand you when you seem to think everyone is getting uptight about "the paint". And I do get that you're all about the frame and the ride etc..

If you will ride it more in it's current set up then admittedly that is a good thing no-doubt, but there is something really wrong about posting it on a retro bike forum in all it's retro lushness, a forum pretty much exclusively frequented by nut jobs who love maintaining, restoring and cherishing the bikes of our youth in pretty much the same condition that we had/ and or did lusted after BITD and then doing what you did to it- what response did you think you would get "love the Thomson post etc..."????. The bike will never be the same again, no matter what parts you now hang on it, that is the sadness, that is the shame, that is the point I think folks are making
:(

Latest posts

Back