89 Raleigh Appalachian (New Pics added 20.12.14)

Re: 89 Raleigh Appalachian (Freshly Painted!!)

Looks great :cool: :cool: . That is gonna look so good when it is finished. Note to self: Get your 3 colour Raleigh finished!! :D

Cheers gents, glad you approve.
Made a bit of progress with assembly, been cleaning threads and fitting parts, still need to clean out the bottom bracket threads and have ordered some thread taps which should be arriving soon. Fitting the bars and stem was a bit of a struggle but a bit of filing and some swearing got them fitted, all be it with a couple of small marks/scratches (white is a very unforgiving colour and not ideal for bars :LOL: ). Will be a wee while longer before I get this finished but not much to do to get there now.
I'm slowly making progress with re-drawing the decals and have managed to identify all of the different fonts. I'm a complete novice with the software I'm using but am determined to re-create them myself so just going to take my time and get it right.

Attachments

• 37.jpg
    37.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 838
  • 36.jpg
    36.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 838

Almost there with assembly, just got to finish setting up the brakes and its done. Progress on the decals is a bit slow but i'll hopefully have a bit of time over the christmas hols to get them sorted. Here's a few pic's of how it looks at the moment.

Attachments

• 44.jpg
    44.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 805
  • 43.jpg
    43.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 805
  • 42.jpg
    42.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 805
  • 41.jpg
    41.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 805
  • 40.jpg
    40.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 806
  • 38.jpg
    38.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 806
Re: 89 Raleigh Appalachian (Almost done!!)

Saddle, not so sure (is it original spec) but other than that :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Crantinope":1primcnu said:
Saddle, not so sure (is it original spec) but other than that :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Yeah it's original spec, well original spec was a suede version but other than that it's correct. Dates from 87 and I think it looks pretty good but the photo's maybe don't do it justice. Better than the usual Turbo, Flite offerings don't you think. :D

Looking great :cool: Did you get the Timbuk2's from FFB?

raidan73":jieveolv said:
Looking great :cool: Did you get the Timbuk2's from FFB?
Cheers. Aye got them for my Dynatech Mission build and rode them at the MacRetro national this year, hence the mud on them. They're great tyres and had a few pairs back in the day. They are quite pricey but luckily i didnt get hit with any import or handling costs when they arrived at this end.

Are you going to detail the Raleigh script on the seatstays with white enamel? It looks good picked out like that and is done on my Team.

Carl.

drcarlos":jvgip41i said:
Are you going to detail the Raleigh script on the seatstays with white enamel? It looks good picked out like that and is done on my Team.

Carl.
Tricky one, i'd like to as this is how it was originally but the new paint is quite thick and has filled the lettering in somewhat. So i'd have to carefully scrape out the paint then fill back in with gloss white and i don't trust my abilities enough not to ruin the finished paint job. Unless someone can suggest a way to do this and not make a complete mess of it. I'll post some close-up pic's at the weekend when I get a chance.

Looking fantastic, minus decals it looks like one of those retouched mtb guidebook photos :D

Back