89 Raleigh Appalachian (New Pics added 20.12.14)

Would you believe I recently spotted a survivor Appalachian in the same colour scheme, here in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia? I don't think Raleigh even had proper distribution in Australia back then - there was no need, they owned one of Australia's largest bike companies - so how it got here is quite a mystery! I'll post a pic when I can.

Re:

I love this raliegh, I had a white lightning back in the early nineties and this is the closest thing I have seen in a long time.

Very nice job
Malc

shogun":x0inliru said:
Would you believe I recently spotted a survivor Appalachian in the same colour scheme, here in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia? I don't think Raleigh even had proper distribution in Australia back then - there was no need, they owned one of Australia's largest bike companies - so how it got here is quite a mystery! I'll post a pic when I can.
Maybe it was just on it's holidays when you saw it?? :LOL: Would be good to see some pic's.

Malcmck":x0inliru said:
I love this raliegh, I had a white lightning back in the early nineties and this is the closest thing I have seen in a long time.

Very nice job
Malc
I love this Raleigh too! Have been keeping an eye out for a White Lightnin, would love one to restore. Hardly ever come up and alas not enough room at the inn atm, going to have to let a couple go in the new year actually as I've hit critical mass!!.

Here we go! 11,000 miles from Nottingham and in pretty good shape.
20141111_135008.jpg

shogun":2rb2063z said:
Here we go! 11,000 miles from Nottingham and in pretty good shape.
That is in good shape, usually the paint is in a much worse state than that for a bike that is obviously getting used. Apart from the seat, bars, stem and tyres it looks pretty original. Don't upset the owner, he's obviously a big fella :LOL:

MADB":2rb2063z said:
I do like this one, the colors are great.Nice to see it botm as well.
Cheers, two eighties Raleighs in one month, it'll never catch on :LOL:. Good luck, you've done a cracking job with yours too.

Back