'87 Cannondale (or should I say "Haringdale"?)

Swede":m314rusr said:
raidan73":m314rusr said:
You're such a tease :LOL:

Looking like it will be worth the wait though mate. Loving the Suntour decal on the chainstay too.

Patience is a virtue. Anyway it looks weird without tyres, so you’ll have to wait until they’re on before I do the grand reveal.

Agreed. I can live without seeing certain parts in a photo but my brain can't compute an image of a build without tyres. Do you have the tyres yet?

Not yet. I'd love to find some old yellow label Specialized Ground Controls but I think I'll end up using Timbuk II's.

Last photo (for now). Seems a shame that it's going to get muddy but I'm planning on doing a couple of the RetroBike MTB rides this year. Vetta_1.JPG

Last edited:
And… still no a picture of the whole bike ?
The teasing is too exciting :D

If I had some nos Ground Controls I'd be sending them your way just so I could see the finished article :D

Do you have a Hite Rite yet? One here if it's not sold viewtopic.php?f=2&t=284667&hilit=hite

Not sure how I missed this - such a cool build. Did you do the artwork yourself?

Are those the new external shell BB bearing on that bullseye crank - I had some of those so much better than the originals.

Is it just tyres you are after now? Maybe some MOMBAT Timbuk IIs?

Coleman":24q8drqi said:
Not sure how I missed this - such a cool build. Did you do the artwork yourself?

Are those the new external shell BB bearing on that bullseye crank - I had some of those so much better than the originals.

Is it just tyres you are after now? Maybe some MOMBAT Timbuk IIs?

Everyone told me that the original BB’s were crap and so when one of the new ones surfaced on eBay I had to get it, even though at the time I didn’t have the crank! When I finally got one it came with an original BB and I can now see what people mean; although I plan to (briefly) try it out.

My wife’s bike is running on Timbuk II’s and I’ve no complaints (other than the shipping costs) but it would be nice to find something a little different, however they’re going to have to wait as I’m still in the doghouse over the crank... ;) Chris at Intrincycle has finished the brake/shifters but I’m not due to be in Manchester for a couple of weeks, so it looks like I’ll finish at the end of April which gives me a month or so to fine tune before the Quantock ride in May.

My brother works as a story board artist at Aardman Animation so I got him draw the graphics; I know my limits!

Swede":cvejl7g1 said:
My brother works as a story board artist at Aardman Animation so I got him draw the graphics; I know my limits!

Very modest, but all hand paint-penned on by you wasn't it? Credit where it's due! :D

Re:

Tyres arrived on Saturday and I started setting up the brakes but there's a (minor) issue.

When I got the frame from RAFbikes it didn’t come with any brake studs. I harassed him for months ;) but in the end it seems that they’ve been lost, so I bought some replacements from BrakeSTUFF but they’re too tall and the cam is pulling at an angle and I’m concerned that the rollers will prematurely wear out.

I thought this might be the case a while ago and found these but getting them to the UK is difficult. I had a long chat with Nova Cycles last night and they’ve agreed to accept my order and ship to my friend in Connecticut who’ll forward them onto me, so we're looking at a small delay.

Therefore, in the meantime……….. I’m going to get the gear shifter mounting plate Nickel plated. For those of you who haven’t been keeping track of all the various threads here it is again; Am I getting excited over this drawing unnecessarily? Front roller cam_fitted.JPG

Last edited:
Back