Breezer American 87+koski fork etc £130 SOLD

futuristicoldman

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
******************************NOW SOLD THANKS*************************

You may have seen pics of this little fellow on here before. I took a late night punt at this on ebay USA , I expected a bit of a knacker with a view to doing a big restoration job but I figured it would be worth the effort. It arrived a bit more rough and ready than I had hoped (tiny crack in the seat post compression slot, a gear hanger helical fitted and a selection of gouges and scrapes. just to top it off it will need some serious brasso time to get it clean and shiney again.

None of these are overly problematic to me but the crunch came when I dropped some wheels into it only to find it is far too small for me (easily tricked by those tall eighties top tubes :evil: )

It's a Breezer American and as far as I can gather it dates from 87/88. It has a lovely and rather hard to fink koski fork, its the Tange stamped version with the smaller dropouts which are more q/r friendly than the ones with koski branded fork ends. The paint on the forks is knackered but hey its a rest job so who cares!

Headtube is 1",
canti bosses on the forks
U brake/roller cam bosses on the rear
Included is a selection of rather rough and ready parts that could be used to get a ratty project underway.
Scruffy white turbo saddle
Scruffy American classic seat post
Scruffy purple seatpost binder bolt
Scruffy suntour "holey" roller cam brake
Scruffy dia compe 986 cantilever
Scruffy Specialized bottom bracket with hollow axle
A pair of early bolt in (non q/r) xt hubs on a pair of unknown wide rims shod with a flakey old pair of Specialized hardback 1.5" tyres + tubes

To sweeten the deal included is a brand new pair of 32 hole ceramic rims of unknown origin, they are double eyeletted and reassuringly heavy. I have no idea what they are or how old they are. This is the only non scruffy item here!

Syncros 1 1/8" quill stem in 135 if I remember rightly, its an early one with a noodle and no hole in the bar clamp. Needs a repaint, it has been tidied up around the bar clamp where somebody got a bit screwdriver happy when fitting a pair of tight bars sometime in its life......This will not fit the Breezer but its part of the deal anyway.*****SYNCROS STEM HAS BEEN SOLD NOW*************

I bummed out on this as I paid handsomely for the frame set, paid transatlantic postage and got stuffed up with duty only to find it wasn't going to be a goer size wise. I figure theres not a lot of point putting mountains of love and effort into it if it is never going to fit my gangly shape. Im quietly gutted as I have been lusting after a Breezer since I was about 17 years old....ho hum. It's not exactly a bargain for a beat up old frame but it cost me a chunk more than this so don't want to take a humungous hit on it if I can help it.
I would like to claw back £150 for all of the above. Its as rare as chicken lips and will be quite the classic after a mega fettling.
*********************PRICE ADJUSTED TO £130 NOW THAT THE STEM HAS GONE***********************
I can post within mainland UK for £15. I would rather keep this within the UK, it seems silly to have it sent all the way here then post it all the way back again.
Thanks for looking

**********Measurements can be found further down the page************

Attachments

• bre1.jpg
    bre1.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 925
  • bre2.jpg
    bre2.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 925
  • bre3.jpg
    bre3.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 925
  • bre4.jpg
    bre4.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 925
  • bre5.jpg
    bre5.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 925
Re:

Lightly dubbed pending pics. Measurements Schmesurements....I don't know! It's about 20" up the seat tube but more like a medium/18" lengthways. I'll go find a tape measure.

*************undibbed! available again***************

Re:

Heres some pictures

Attachments

• bre6.jpg
    bre6.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 927
  • bre7.jpg
    bre7.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 927
  • bre8.jpg
    bre8.jpg