'87 Cannondale (or should I say "Haringdale"?)

Any news on this Caspar?

Nearly there... I'll put some pics up tomorrow and give you all a run through of what's been keeping me busy!

Looking forward to it, and seeing the lever/shifter combo :D

When I first started this project I’d planned to us a Sugino VP crank but as time went by and more and more NOS parts were sourced I looked at the crank again and decided that it just wouldn’t do. It had had a pretty hard life and even after polishing it still didn’t meet the grade, plus it was 170mm and felt too short; but what to use instead?

According to the MOMBAT timeline Bullseye cranks were first available in 1987; no brainer… BUT they’re hideously expensive. As I’d never seen one close up I had to get up to speed and start saving…

The crank's been repainted the same white as everything else 🤦 but I chose not to use the spider as back in ’87 (I think) it would have come with TA Cyclotouriste rings which are still in production. Bullseye_drive1.JPG

Attachments

• Bullseye_drive2.JPG
    Bullseye_drive2.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 497
  • Bullseye_non drive.JPG
    Bullseye_non drive.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 497
Last edited:
Swede":t8u3pv9r said:
When I first started this project I’d planned to us a Sugino VP crank but as time went by and more and more NOS parts were sourced I looked at the crank again and decided that it just wouldn’t do. It had had a pretty hard life and even after polishing it didn’t meet the grade plus it was 170mm and felt too short; but what to use instead? According to the MOMBAT timeline Bullseye cranks were first available in 1987; no brainer… BUT they’re hideously expensive. As I’d never seen one close up I had to get up to speed and start saving…

The crank has been repainted the same white as everything :facepalm: else but I choose not to use the spider as back in ’87 (I think) it would have come with TA Cyclotouriste rings which are still in production.

Wow :shock:

Once the brake/shifters are ready I'll be able to cable up and get that the roller cams and mechs running. Just need some tyres and a Hite Rite. 6 speeds....JPG

Attachments

• Rear roller cam.JPG
    Rear roller cam.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 491
Last edited:
You're such a tease :LOL:

Looking like it will be worth the wait though mate. Loving the Suntour decal on the chainstay too.

Not sure when these jockey wheels were made but I couldn't resist them (chain's a Cyclone (SP-6100)). Jockey wheel.JPG

Last edited:
raidan73":3tkyfz40 said:
You're such a tease :LOL:

Looking like it will be worth the wait though mate. Loving the Suntour decal on the chainstay too.

Patience is a virtue. Anyway it looks weird without tyres, so you’ll have to wait until they’re on before I do the grand reveal.

Latest posts

Back