New Build Cannondale SM500 & Girvin forks

OSMojo

Old School Hero
Hi Everyone, OK this is the recipe, take one what I think is an SM500 (might be another SM but it's definitely the magic year range (87) as it has smooth joints
and roller cam stays) arrives on Monday, I picked it up for £30 ;) off Ebay, one Proflex 857 with girvin forks, that I won today £112 again off Ebay :D arrives late next week.

I'll use almost all the 857 parts and discard the frame (re-sell for a peanut or two). I just hope that the Girvin forks fit the SM500, I am 99% sure they will but you never know, if they don't the plan is ruined, anyone know?

I am going to nitromors the paint off the forks and frame and then polish. So it should be something different, I'll also polish the rollercams while I'm at it.

_57.jpg

sm500.jpg

I've gone off nitromors since they changed it......:)
Just doesn't do what its supposed to.

Have had good results with a quality aircraft stripper.
Think i used rustoleum.

Good luck....

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
artfulflounder":2l1jv08n said:
I've gone off nitromors since they changed it......:)
Just doesn't do what its supposed to.

Have had good results with a quality aircraft stripper.
Think i used rustoleum.

Good luck....

Drat, I just bought the nitromors, I'll give it a whirl

Re:

If they are 1 1/8 I have a nice set of 1" I may swap out!

Re:

Frame arrived, I peeled off the gross incorrect stickers and then put a NOS roller cam on. Already it's gorgeous. I am going to use some RM20 Araya wheels that came of a Cannondale SM800.

DSC_0598.jpg

DSC_0597.jpg

DSC_0596.jpg

DSC_0595.jpg

Back