New Build Cannondale SM500 & Girvin forks

Re:

I like it in white.

Im not sure I can see it working with the girvins, but that's just me.

Seems a shame to break the pro flex, is it quite rough?

For me, that early cannon frame would look lovely staying white with gloss black forks/stem/bars and polished components with a dash of brass like the rear brake has :)

Re: Re:

unit3":13ulyvur said:
I like it in white.

Im not sure I can see it working with the girvins, but that's just me.

Seems a shame to break the pro flex, is it quite rough?

For me, that early cannon frame would look lovely staying white with gloss black forks/stem/bars and polished components with a dash of brass like the rear brake has :)

The white is grim up close, it's been poorly painted. The proflex is apparently hardly used it hasn't arrived yet, I was really after the forks but I think they might be 1 1/8ths

Re:

been done

71273754.jpg

46cf8e64.jpg

I have an old Vector fork and a SM400 awaiting time and access to a lathe for exactly the same setup

aardvarkash10":10r4an9z said:
been done

71273754.jpg

46cf8e64.jpg

I have an old Vector fork and a SM400 awaiting time and access to a lathe for exactly the same setup

They look just as good as I thought they would. Why d'you need a lathe for the sm400? I thought the older Vectors had a 1" steerer? apparently it's only the newer generation vectors that have a 1 & 1/8

Re:

Wow, the polishing will certainly keep you busy! What groupo did you have in mind?

Re:

Talking of cables, what are you going to do about the missing A113's on the 'dale?

Swede":evbqdni3 said:
Wow, the polishing will certainly keep you busy! What groupo did you have in mind?
I'll use the suntour and Shimano components from an sm800, that way I keep it as much magic 1987 cannondale as possible

artfulflounder":1g8rusth said:
If your splitting the proflex I'll have first dibs on the brake cable ferrels :)
Not sure what'll happen to the pro-flex yet (it's got a dent in the top tube not that that bothers me, I bought it for the forks)

Latest posts

Back