650c Fork change to 700c Fork?

Mr Weirdo

Retro Guru
Hello

I have seen a Time Trial frame for sale with no forks. The seller advisers that a 650c fork is required to use the bicycle for Time Trials.

Question: Is it possible to use a 700c fork instead or will it effect the geometry of the frame or just not work?

Thank you...

700c would be a slightly larger diameter, increasing the trail and head angle. For road use in recreation etc it wouldn't really be noticeable but for time trial use, it wouldn't be as efficient.

Pretty sure it would be fine. My gravel bike came with 650b wheels but the manufacturer states that I could use 700c in the same frame and fork without issue. Only thing to be aware of is the width of tyre you can use.

Thanks for your answer. The thing is I sent the seller an email and they replied there would be an issue with geometry when set up.

Also the frame size is approx 47cm c-c but with the seat tube extended it would take it up to 54cm. Even if it did work with a 700c fork on it couldn't it look a bit undersized/odd as I am 5'10"?

Thank you...

You would need to see the geometry of the diamond to tell. Some TT frames are on the extreme side for converting to general use. 56cm in a standard frame would be OK for your size.

Thank you...I'm learning new things all the time especially about the geometry of a bicycle frame ie how a TT frame differs from a road bike, etc. Now I have to look up ' diamond' and learn about that so it's been a bit of and education. Thanks for the info 😀

Latest posts

Back