26" gravel type tyres

Are you sorted for tyres now?
I think I actually have a pair of 26" CX tyres in the garage.

Not yet, I've still ot found time to test ride the bike.... I have some Geax Saguaro / Aka in 26" that I need to mount and see if they clear the frame... but I'm in no rush to be honest. Send a pic of what you have though, they might be just what I need!

I'd forgot all about them until I read your thread.
They're Schwalbe Sport CX Pro 26".... can't remember the width 1.3ish maybe.... I'll check.

Here's one mounted..but I'll get a tread piccie later.

Attachments

• 20211017_162157.jpg
    20211017_162157.jpg
    690.4 KB · Views: 15
I can confirm that panaracer gravelkings 26" x 2.1" fit my yates frame

Finally got round to swapping the tyres... and Geax AKA / Saguaro in 26" x 2.2" fit fine :) there's not loads of clearance, but more than enough

I put a pair of Continental Race King Racesport 2.2's on my drop bar bike at the weekend and I was blown away by them. Very light, the bike is stupidly quick on tarmac and they are great on light trails. I rode it hard on a variety of surfaces - hard pack gravel, loose small stone gravel, dry dirt tracks, tow paths and woodland trails and they are as good as they say.

I wouldn't expect them to do as well on rougher more technical terrain or in soft mud, but they are definitely the best tyres I've used that are just as good on the road or 'gravel'.

Reactions: foz
I'd forgot all about them until I read your thread.
They're Schwalbe Sport CX Pro 26".... can't remember the width 1.3ish maybe.... I'll check.

Here's one mounted..but I'll get a tread piccie later.
Excellent tyre. Schwalbe CX PRO. They're 1.35 inch wide. Good grip on the loose stuff, displace water well in the wet, comfy for a skinny tyre, and fast.

I've used them for commuting, on and off, for about 7 years. Easy to get hold of, and not silly money. You won't get huge mileage though as they're quite soft, even for a dual compound tyre.

Last edited:
Back