1999 Kona Stab Dee Lux

Re:

Buzzsaw my apologies for butting in BUT...................

I've got a '99' KSDL myself which is being held up by which fork to use. The Monster T's seem a bit over kill for my riding talents what's the alternatives?

Re:

I was using a pair of 2003 Marzocchi Super T's (now fitted to my Kona Stinky) before I fitted the Monsters. They had the same amount of travel as the original spec Monsters at 170mm compared to 200mm on later version. Darn sight lighter with smaller diameter stanchions and rode quite well. Anything with 150mm plus travel should be ok and I've seen some fitted with single crown forks such as Marzocchi 66's. I have a bias to the Italian shockie maker! :LOL:

Attachments

• stinky.jpg
    stinky.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 1,813
Sure the shipping would exceed my current monetary comfort level. Besides I just sold my Monster T fork...

Its a real beauty of a frame, what size?

Hi guys

Will do my own sales thread for my stab dee lux in the nxt couple of days when I get a Second

Postage to the states though about 60 quid

Re:

I'm in mourning as I have discovered that my Kona Dee Lux has life ending cracks around it's head tube. Me thinks all that stress of lugging the 5 kilo Monster T forks along with all that jumping and heavy landings has finally taken it's toll. Unfortunately the bike has now been relegated to being a flashy wall hanger albeit a very heavy one. Even worse is that I recently I managed to get hold of the same period 1999 manufactured Monster T forks with newer decals for the bike. Will miss it as it was like being on a lounge suite for downhill :cry:

Attachments

• stabdee.jpg
    stabdee.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 1,584
  • stabdee2.jpg
    stabdee2.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 1,585
  • forks.jpg
    forks.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 1,584
  • htcrack.jpg
    htcrack.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,584
  • HTCrack_2.jpg
    HTCrack_2.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 1,584
Noooooooo, RIP. Monster of a bike. Love the fork pic - the difference in size between the Mr Ts and Monsters is amazing.

Re:

99 icecream
deluxer hole stabber
coma stabba deluxa
kona ragga stab
1999 chona hidee poya
black brothers ud150 deluxe white boy
u know u need this, but chu kent have it, less u pay me 1 billion pennies.
so meow, and mew two, can go have a mix of funn in your bummer.

Attachments

• DSC_0057_opt.jpg
    DSC_0057_opt.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 1,272
Re: Re:

luke54268":1c5cips4 said:
99 icecream
deluxer hole stabber
coma stabba deluxa
kona ragga stab
1999 chona hidee poya
black brothers ud150 deluxe white boy
u know u need this, but chu kent have it, less u pay me 1 billion pennies.
so meow, and mew two, can go have a mix of funn in your bummer.

Have you considered ritalin?

Back