1999 cannondale Martyn Ashton signature full restoration.

They’re getting rarer to find mint azonics. I have a secret stash of them for my builds

View attachment 654060

Thank you!

It’s what most of us trials rider ran back in the day.
I see your secret stash and raise you my secret stash of four 2.5” azonic risers & 4 stems, one of which is almost NOS.

Some seem to be slightly different shapes to others as if they were all done by hand which I struggle to imagine.

These two black ones are both 2.5”. I assume the serial numbers indicate the year within them. If that’s right the top one is a 1999 Matt finish the lower a 2001 slightly gloss finish. Can’t remember what year my gold ones are.

0FFA63FB-3FF9-45B9-ACE0-47C1E1910819.jpeg

Were you by any chance at the malvern classics with this bike? I am sure Daddy and Martin Ashton were swooning over a replica being better than his original one that was there on GMBN

Is it finished yet? I wanna see what those red hubs look like on the blue frame! My F1000 is going this blue with Tinker decals on. I might have to do a little Martyn tribute with my F700 after reading this!😍

Wow it looks "the dogs danglies "
Thanks.
This thread is not good for my morale :)
Sorry about that 🤣
awesome photo story!!! Looking forward to the update
I need to update this, all in good time though.
Is it finished yet? I wanna see what those red hubs look like on the blue frame! My F1000 is going this blue with Tinker decals on. I might have to do a little Martyn tribute with my F700 after reading this!😍
It’s not finished Dave, I have been searching for 2 years for a NOS part, which I managed to source last week.

The idea is to build it up asap and show it for the first time at the Malvern’s in August.

This has been a long project, so it has to be perfect.

Back