1997 Kona Kapu - sourced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1997 Kona Kapu

FlimFlamVanHam":1oasr6bu said:
I've seen that '95 listed a couple times over the years the latest being that used victoria ad. Sure could use some love.

Alasdair, if the desire or need to sell arises I assure you, you are first in line.

And I believe links to this '96 were previously posted, but price is now at less than 50% of his original ask (he started at $450 and is now at $180CAD).

https://toronto.craigslist.ca/tor/bik/6113624633.html

I'd actually probably entertain pursuing this but shipping across Canada is pricey. Not to mention, if I base my assumption on the ad text "BARELY USED TEXT ME OR CALL PLEASE"; the quality of the photos and what those photos show (relative to "BARELY USED"), the frame would be packed and shipped by an idiot.

I'll admit the frame actually looks in decent shape, but lack of any stock bits including headset is odd. Seat clamp is stock. I cannot tell on stem; it looks like a velocity but not the road one.

Thank you, appreciate it :) I'm still over the moon that one exists so I can only imagine how happy you must be to open the garage and see her there, ready to go.

The 96 colour doesn't get me going but it's a cool bike nevertheless. There have been nicer ones than that come up for sale.

Any Denmark-based Retrobikers interested in assisting another Retrobiker in sending his long-standing dream bike over to the UK...?
That Kapu is my size and the new 853 Kapu I bought didn't help.

i-am-iron-man":i99q02tj said:
Any Denmark-based Retrobikers interested in assisting another Retrobiker in sending his long-standing dream bike over to the UK...?
That Kapu is my size and the new 853 Kapu I bought didn't help.

I'll pm you tomorrow as I know a few. You can have mine if flimflam ever sells me his lol

al-onestare":1x873kdk said:
I'll pm you tomorrow as I know a few. You can have mine if flimflam ever sells me his lol

Any help would be appreciated! - the last Kapu I negotiated for was the same bike in near-perfect condition, also in Denmark ... didn't pan out unfortunately.
(My first Kapu was, again, this same bike and I'm sure that originated from Denmark ... were there a few sold over there?)

Re:

Hallo again Alistair... Yes inded..i sold a kapu to a Guy in Denmark a While Back he then cut of the gear studs...and later sold it to you. As i recall
Im now Selling another Kapu.. same size...but for a friend.

I replyed to your email...check your inbox

Not to keen om shipping full bike....but maybe frame and fork....stem, but have to check with my Friend
Also...2 small dents in the toptube....and frame in used condition

What happened to the one you had?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back