1997 Kona Kapu - sourced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 1997 Kona Kapu

I came so close to owning a '95 in my size last week ... completely original and unmolested ...
Didn't though.

Re:

Shitty cloudy day pic of my '97 after only ride on it thus far this year (it's been perpetually raining in Vancouver so I opt for the roadie with fenders).

Yes, Adamo saddles tilt downward a bit (mounted with rails level) but it's more optical illusion than anything as rear wheel is higher than front on unlevel gound in that photo.

i have all the stock bits but basically removed all the dark ones and put them in a box and replaced with silver. Stem swapped to a Cinelli 100mm; seat post swapped to a zero setback; downtube cable guides swapped to shimano (blasphemy! but they are silver); seat post clamp is identical Kona as stock but polished; headset swapped to a very nice Tange unit (which would have been a Strong Light but found out the hard way this bike needs a JIS headset which was both shocking and disappointing).

Attachments

• kapu2.jpg
    kapu2.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 1,153

2jbv5le.jpg

Prince%20no%20no_zps5wjetifs.gif

giphy_1.gif

Name your price.

I'm not joking.

Absolutely stunning.

Al, I was waiting for you to respond with some sort of overview of what was happening in your trousers.
You did not disappoint Sir.

Re:

Finally got around to snapping a shot of the daily whip. The front chainrings need to be changed, but campagnolo veloce front and rear derailleurs are original and it's the Kona Kapu Big Strata minus the 'red light' indication - still, reading this thread makes me feel like maybe I didn't get ripped off after all.
IMG_20170512_090132_zpswxm9jrxs.jpg

IMG_20170512_090124_zpsu5jmsyoi.jpg

I've seen that '95 listed a couple times over the years the latest being that used victoria ad. Sure could use some love.

Alasdair, if the desire or need to sell arises I assure you, you are first in line.

And I believe links to this '96 were previously posted, but price is now at less than 50% of his original ask (he started at $450 and is now at $180CAD).

https://toronto.craigslist.ca/tor/bik/6113624633.html

I'd actually probably entertain pursuing this but shipping across Canada is pricey. Not to mention, if I base my assumption on the ad text "BARELY USED TEXT ME OR CALL PLEASE"; the quality of the photos and what those photos show (relative to "BARELY USED"), the frame would be packed and shipped by an idiot.

I'll admit the frame actually looks in decent shape, but lack of any stock bits including headset is odd. Seat clamp is stock. I cannot tell on stem; it looks like a velocity but not the road one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back