1997 Kona Explosif Frame Gold - Lost in post with My Hermes.

Re:

I’m gonna throw a idea out there

Since police don’t seem to be moving in and the likely hood he’s bought it via auction (who’s stupid enough to buy stolen goods in massive quantities and put on eBay )

Why not message him and tell him that it’s yours and would he consider selling it to you at what he paid for it? Maybe just maybe he paid very little and thinks he’ll do a good deed.

-internal herpes email-

To all staff,

This is a reminder to follow company rules when dealing with customers parcels, as notified to us by Joe Lycett it seems some staff have not been follwing them.
- Remember to rip off all the delivery labels before we sell the parcels on.
A new poster has also been sent out to all distribution centres to display on the walls.

thank you in advance
Martijn de Lange (CEO)

Re:

Still strange. All that has happened in reality is due to the scanning issue, parcels have been loaded onto incorrect Vans. The actual address on the label is correct so the mistake should also be easy to rectify. Seems they cant be bothered and have just sold everything rather than resolve. I'd flag this with whatever the governing body is. They make toy wait 4 weeks before declaring a parcel list for compensation, seems this has all happened faster than that.

seems this has all happened faster than that.

So fast it appears to have been taken to a warehouse, then loaded into someones van at a job lot price, which is then listed on ebay.
That internal memo said something about selling the parcels on.

So whichever service you use, they can sell your parcel to individual companies or even drivers rather than deliver it themselves.
Is it possible that there are so many to be delivered that they are now wiping them off as insurance, and dumping the parcels rather than store and deliver when they can.
Orr possibly that some crooked employees are syphoning cages of goods off to the side then stealing them, and listing them as lost, damaged ,misplaced etc.
I would really like to know what the internal processes of this business are. IT seems there are practices not normally in the publics knowledge.

My call is that they are so terrible at their job that they have no choice but to pass on our 'Lost' parcels to auction houses.

Think about it though, there is no way on this earth that they can 'Lose' so many parcels, they have to be writing them off as part of their day to day process. I personally think they they have an internally agreed percentage of loss / written off parcels which they accept as being 'Ok'.

The My Hermes head of customer services 'Ian' from Leeds told me that the level of loss is acceptable. He just kept repeating 'But we successfully deliver 2.5 million parcels per day. I just kept repeating 'But you lost mine and thousands of others, what is the percentage of loss against successful deliveries. He wouldn't comment. He then shut down completely and kept repeating 'We lost your parcel and we have given you your compensation of £26.'

Am I making sense?

Re:

A parcel can only become lost when the delivery or return address have been removed from the package. As long as either of them two are on there I fail to see how it becomes lost. If the same lost parcel is found and auctioned off it could as easily be reintroduced to the postage system ( if addresses are on it )

greencat":2ui9lenq said:
Looks like OP might have got caught up in this:
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/f ... s-22224916

Aye - Mrs had 7 or 8 parcels go astray that were posted in the quoted time frame. Fortunately all did turn up eventually. Our local couple who deliver are great. She would knock & come in with parcels when I was in plaster & no-one answered the door. Mrs sends at least 40 parcels a week & can only remember one loss. All are soft goods in strong mailing bags with document wallets so can survive a lot of abuse.

Re: Re:

d8mok":259i5r78 said:
I’m gonna throw a idea out there

Since police don’t seem to be moving in and the likely hood he’s bought it via auction (who’s stupid enough to buy stolen goods in massive quantities and put on eBay )

Why not message him and tell him that it’s yours and would he consider selling it to you at what he paid for it? Maybe just maybe he paid very little and thinks he’ll do a good deed.

I like this idea too, but thats for op to decide.
Course it could just be a case of honestly bought goods, and the time scale is down to hermes, but then of course it could now be part of a police investigation and you dont want to blunder into that.

I'd push the Daily Mirror angle, and see if you can get them to do a follow up with your frame as the prime example of how it affects real people during this national crisis.

I agree with the above, with both the contacting the press, even local would have an affect im sure, and as last resort contacting the seller. There is enough proof you lost the frame and are investigating which led you to this, so he shouldn't think you are trying it on. Whether of course he decides to sell it to you at cost is down to him but he has a lot of turnover so wouldn't be losing out that much if at all.

Hi All

Iv'e been quiet for a while as the police have been conducting their investigations and I didn't want to dirty the post in case it was used as evidence in any way, here's my update. I have heard nothing from the police even though I have called them requesting an update a week or so ago so last night I tried to get the seller on the phone for a chat, hoping to resolve the issue man to man with an agreement that the frame is mine and that he would return it to me, sadly the seller refused to speak to me on the phone so I messaged him via my Ebay account, here's my message:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there

I was hoping to resolve this issue following a brief chat with you over the phone but I'll have to use the Ebay massaging system instead.

In short the frame is stolen and belongs to me. I reported the issue to the police when the frame was initially listed by you on Ebay a month or so ago. The crime number is: 14/91730/20.

I have provided a considerable amount of evidence to the police and they agree that the frame is mine. I have pictures of it over a year old. I have provided pictures in addition to further reports from me and other members of my cycling community. I am an 'Area Coordinator' for a world wide cycling community, the rest of the community are aware of this issue and have helped me gather the required evidence. The police also agree that there is no doubt as to the true ownership of the frame.

What I am hoping for is that you call the police yourself and confirm with them that the frame is mine and that we can both agree on you returning the frame to me as soon as possible. I am more than happy to come and pick it up from you at your convenience. During this time the police may contact you, feel free to have a chat with them about it. I can't stress enough that all I want by means of resolution is to get the frame back. If we can agree to deal with this away from the police then I'm happy to ask for them to not take things further.

I hope that you don't see this message as a threat, I'm simply trying to get my frame back in one piece and without any unnecessary aggravation for the both of us. I'm also not wanting the police to become any more involved than they already are.

Please let me know your thoughts as soon as possible.

Regards

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I checked my Ebay account this morning and didn't see a reply so I checked my Watch List and saw that the frame had been removed from the Ebay sale. I have just messaged the seller asking if the frame has been removed ready to be returned to me. I'm awaiting his reply.

Back