1996 Yeti Kokopelli - Now with Pace ;-)

So the Goldtec ring finally turned up. They've always been pretty good in the past, but it took 2 weeks days and a couple of emails. Waited 7 days, and then emailed, no reply.....second email elicited the response that my order had not been sent, but would be that day. No reason given or apology :roll: anyway, it looks nice.

I wasn't sure about the chunky CNC Controltech stem initially, but it matches the cranks quite well. Also I think the yellow and red Gipiemme saddle is a much better match than the WTB one (it also matches the wheels, so an added bonus!)

Taking it out for it's maiden shakedown voyage tomorrow, so fingers crossed it all stays together.

Well it's evolved a fair bit over the past weeks....I've now fitted some Pace Air Force forks. As it was a European only frame it also seemed fitting to fit some European rubber, on go some 2.0 Hutchinson Spiders.

The Pace's could probably do with a service at some point - but the seals seem good, and I took 'em apart greased them and changed the oil. There is a hairline crack next to one of the brace fixing bolts, but the others are fine, and the Magura boosters should keep the front end extra rigid.

If the weather's not too wet tomorrow, then a trip up Haldon is on the cards :cool:

Lots of fine tuning been going on:

Pace RC35 MDs instead of the RC38s.
Middleburn RS2s + 34t ring.
Yeti ARC stem.
X-Lite Clickon stem.
WTB saddle.

It's a rider - and it rides very well :D

Back