1996 Yeti Kokopelli - Now with Pace ;-)

I just had the same magura hose dilemma with my Pace. Click on the link in my sig for the build thread which shows pics of plastic ones and the metal version fitted.

;)

I've used those metal ones on a bike before and they never stay put!
Anyway, I just popped into Halfords and they sell 3 packs of Fibrax hose guides for £2:

fcb3333.jpg

Bit of double sided tape on em and they'll be nice and discreet.

The frame turned up today. Veeeeery light!
Also has a decent condition Controltech post included :cool: and some nice red aluminium bottle bolts.

There is - as the seller described - a few small patches of bubbling under the paint. I guess with aluminium this shouldn't be a big problem? I doubt I'd get a decent colour match for the yellow, so don't want to start sanding and touching up as I'll never get it 100%

I've got some clear lacquer, so might just touch up any flaky bits so they don't get worse.

Time to start assembling the parts. Still on the lookout for a nice, suitable stem - a Controltech one would match the post. Or an older Raceface maybe?

Package arrived from CRC with headset and grips in so started building the Koko up....

The frame has a few dings and scrapes, but is in pretty good overall nick - a bit of 'patina' is fine

Got out the USE forks and gave them a clean

Fitted the headset - a Cane Creek S-1, only £12 at CRC at the mo! Really decent quality for the price - sealed bearings, o-ring seals, nice top cap.
Also fitted the stem (waiting on a Controltech next week), Answer Alulite bars, and Controltech post

Then fitted the Maguras (with the lovely TWP levers!), and the Pauls Mevin tensioner

Looking good, me thinks :cool:

Only problem that I can foresee at the moment is that I've fitted the Maguras on the back of the forks, but to get the canti bosses high enough on the legs to work, the brace fouls the fork crown. So might have to move them to the front - or run them without the booster.

Nice! I have a green 96 Kokopelli too. Pic's coming up one day.
Maybe you should change the red water cage bolts?

Maybe you should change the red water cage bolts?

Aha! I also have some red anodized Magura boosters that I'm going to use. So there will a few little accents of red amongst the yellow, black and silver ;)

Just polished up the XTR cranks, serviced the BB, and given the Crossmax's a clean - pics to follow soon.

Some more photos after this afternoon's tinkering session:

The EVO2 Magura bracket wouldn't fit on the front as it fouled the fork crown, so I've used some older EVO mounts. I'm going to see how they run without a brace, as the fork is pretty stiff.

Polished XTRs and Paul's Melvon tensioner:

The only major issue at the moment is that one of the USE fork legs has been turned/twisted at some point, so when I tighten the front QR the wheel is twisted slightly. I can't for the life of me undo the allen key fixings at the top of the legs :x tried putting quite a lot of leverage with a pipe on the end of the 10mm allenkey, but no joy. May have to file the edge of the dropouts if I can't twist it back somehow :?

So, having failed to shift the USE fork's leg, plan B has come into operation!

I've got some yellow Quadra 21s in now, along with a rather nice CNC'ed Controltech stem (thanks Slimjoe!), a WTB SST saddle, some Gipiemme wheels (never seen these before, but they're rather nice and understated, very smooth running too), some CNC'ed Cromagnon cranks with a red spider, and a Goldtec ring.

Also, as there's going to be a bit more red on the bike, I might change the tyres for some Panaracers with red sidewalls to match.

Pics up later when I've had a fettle :D

ajantom":2wzgn2qw said:
Some more photos after this afternoon's tinkering session:

it looks awesome! really nice looking bike and i like your component selections. not a big singlespeed fan personally, but i like the way you have done it

@ Chris - yeah I've seen yours, it look really nice. Love the blue :cool:

@ Merckx - Cheers. It's not at all finished, and in fact I've just changed loads of the bits :LOL: here's some photos.......

Added: Quadra 21s (though if anyone has some 1996 Judy SLs drop me a line!), Controltech stem, Gipiemme wheels, Panaracer tyres, Cro-Magnon cranks, WTB SST saddle.

Back