'92 Explosif - Modified. Unpure.

Take it you're not parting with it then ;) That was the outcome I was hoping for. Looking forward to more pictures of the beast in the woods :cool:
Nah I think I'll keep it. Although it's heavy, it's pretty fast. I got to work in an hour. It's takes about an hour 15 mins on a MTB with 2.4" knobbly tyres on, so this is a decent improvement. Didn't push myself on the climbs at all either, as I'm unfit and don't want to ruin myself.
I ran the tyres really firm, at 50/55psi. There's a short, off-road rocky descent down to the village I work in. That was tasty with those pressures!

IMG_20220311_080818.jpg IMG_20220311_084532.jpg

Nah I think I'll keep it. Although it's heavy, it's pretty fast. I got to work in an hour. It's takes about an hour 15 mins on a MTB with 2.4" knobbly tyres on, so this is a decent improvement. Didn't push myself on the climbs at all either, as I'm unfit and don't want to ruin myself.
I ran the tyres really firm, at 50/55psi. There's a short, off-road rocky descent down to the village I work in. That was tasty with those pressures!

View attachment 610273View attachment 610274
Heavy might make the climbs a wee bit more punishing, but the descents oh-so-much better. Bet the rocky bit was interesting with those pressures, at that point you may as well replace the wheels with springs :D 🤟

Really really like this bike.
Faffed with setup a fair bit. Controls are sorted. Saddle angle not so much. Might be too "nose down" now.
Now it's pretty dry, the tyres kind of work in the woods even!
I've fitted my shotgun seat to it now, so it's a complete dad wagon.
I've had the shotgun seat on my tallboy up until now. There's a handlebar attachment I use on that, but the brace on the mx bar should do nicely. I swung by to see some mates at the bike shop I used to work at and they had some offcuts of swanky bartape, so I'll wrap up the brace for his little mitts.

IMG_20220324_110819.jpg IMG-20220324-WA0012.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_20220324_110819.jpg
    IMG_20220324_110819.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7
Jack of all trades that. I remember my dad welding his own bizarre shotgun seat on his old bike when I was a wee one, didn't have the comfort of an actual bicycle saddle, more like a metal basket.

Back