1996 Santa Cruz Tazmon build

She is built. I still need to change the tires and front wheel. The shocks all seem to be working but I will take her off road tomorrow for a brief jaunt. I need to get use to the flat and short travel fork. Been riding freeride single speeds since 2001. This is a a bit laid back for me but I love her.

Attachments

• photo11.JPG
    photo11.JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 597
  • photo1.JPG
    photo1.JPG
    163.6 KB · Views: 597
  • photo1111.JPG
    photo1111.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 597
  • photo111.JPG
    photo111.JPG
    160.6 KB · Views: 597
Just took the Tazmon out for its first real ride since rebuild. Rides great but takes little getting use to for me. I haven't ridden flat bars, gears, and short travel fork for over a decade. Still a beauty. Took it up my old school fireroad ride up Potato Mountain in the San Gabriel Mountains.

Attachments

• unnamed1.jpg
    unnamed1.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 579
  • unnamed2.jpg
    unnamed2.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 579
  • unnamed3.jpg
    unnamed3.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 579
  • unnamed4.jpg
    unnamed4.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 579
  • unnamed5.jpg
    unnamed5.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 579
Holly Crap.... I love England but your back garden totally rocks buddy, What a great ride you have.

Your rig looks great, so glad your enjoying it

Finished the build on the Tazmon's big sister. 2007 Bullit singlespeed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 526
Quick update:

As much as I loved the really retro look of my Tazmon I wanted to update it with some new XC parts and a 100 MM fork. I really like the feel and look of the new set up. Bike climbs even more like a demon now. Just need to install my front disc brake.

Attachments

• a3.JPG
    a3.JPG
    136.5 KB · Views: 486
  • a2.JPG
    a2.JPG
    111.6 KB · Views: 486
  • a1.JPG
    a1.JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 486
Really not a fan of what youve done to that :facepalm: Have you kept the old parts? I got a feeling you might want to put them back on at some point

Sean

chefmiguel":1ztd0h2z said:
Agree with Sean, I tried a similar set up and found it handled like crap (can you say crap here?)

My last bike was a 97 santa cruz heckler which has the same geometry. I changed the fork to a period 100mm bomber And it killed the handling. To my untrained eye the head angle of this looks steeper than mine as well, Hate to think how it handles. Not exactly a pretty sight now either..... Sorry :p

Back