1996 Santa Cruz Tazmon build

Yea I kind of want a 100mm up front but most of the old specs I saw for this frame were for a 80mm back in the old days. I will give it a go and see if I dont like it. I do like the blue fork look though! Old Bombers are pretty cool. Thought about a dual crown Judy.

I like the color. I think the front looks like it's squatting because of the different tires.

I keep looking at the pictures trying to figure out how the cable routes to the RD. I had an old SC Superlight that routed the cable through the swingarm, but the braze ons for this bike are on the wrong side.

Also there is no headset installed yet. Looking at other Tazmon pics they seem a little squatty in the front. By todays standards pretty overbuilt for cross country bike. A unique looking frame.

Owned one new BITD, it was built around 80mm of travel. I did try a Bomber Z1 but the extra 20mm really didn't do it any favors. I loved the frame so much I had to scale back down to 80mm.
Those are fun to ride.
Have fun with it.

Looking good :cool:

yeti_bomb":1wcj7nhm said:
Yea I kind of want a 100mm up front but most of the old specs I saw for this frame were for a 80mm back in the old days. I will give it a go and see if I dont like it. I do like the blue fork look though! Old Bombers are pretty cool. Thought about a dual crown Judy.

I like the 80mm forks I think they're just right, I put 100mm z1's on my 97 heckler and the head angle feels too slack.
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... ;start=150

Sean

Fantastic project. The frame design reminds a little of the boulder bicycles defiant. If you want a 1996 Z2 atom bomb without disc brake mounts in polished silver (to match the silver rear), drop me a line!

Cheers,
Alexander

Thanks for all the great feedback. Hope to have some pics up soon. Currently having the front and back shocks looked at by pros. Something I'm not. But it's giving me time to work on a 2007 Bullit and trying to acquire a 1998ish Rocky Pipeline. Don't tell my wife. I think she thinks I have too many bikes. Mostly frames but she may have a point.....

Z2 sounds rad. Really loving the old paint jobs on old Bombers. Forks are so boring looking currently.

Dude that's a rad Heckler!!! So far I haven't planned on polishing the rear end of the Tazmon but I think it's a near future plan.

yeti_bomb":2rhrk3ma said:
Dude that's a rad Heckler!!! So far I haven't planned on polishing the rear end of the Tazmon but I think it's a near future plan.

Thanks! I've been swapping parts on it for over 2 years now, and its still not finished. I want it to be more like yours with 80mm forks and flat bars

Sean

Back