1996 Judy XC rebuild - FINISHED (page 7) 30/05/12

Re:

Massive topic kick, I know :oops: but this thread is so immensely helpfull..

I have searched for the colour code of a Judy SL (The yellow one). I couldn't find it in this thread nor anywhere else on this forum. Does anyone happen to know the exact code? RAL perharps?

Thanks in advance.

Firstly, this thread is brilliant. Bravo.

Do a lot of you guys still keep an eye on it? I stripped down my 1996 Kona Explosif and I am hoping to breathe new life into the original Judy XCs. All I've done so far is strip the bike down and I've removed the elastomer's from the forks (they're gone, unsurprisingly). I've never stripped forks down or anything, so I'm a little apprehensive about it all, but this thread should help a lot, but it'd be great to know if some of you still follow it, in case I run into an issues (probably inevitable!).

Re: Re:

takkischitt":qg8c41o8 said:
Got them disassembled apart from the right leg. Can't get the inner stanchion out at all. Put the bottom bolt in a couple of threads and tapped it, but still can't pull the upper tubes out.

http://imgur.com/mYMljcu

Any advice?

The only reason the stanchion would be stuck is due to excessive corrosion to the lower stanchion.
As long as when you put the bolt in a couple threads and it deffo came lose when you gave it a whack, there's nothing else to hold it.
Give it a good yank, but not towards you, it could hurt! :LOL:

Will try again tomorrow what I've got someone else to help. I'd pulled really hard on it and also put the lower leg into a vice, not gripping hard, but just enough to stop it sliding and pulled, but no luck. Hope it comes out!

Back