1996 GT Zaskar - Red Anodised (Retro-Mod) *pics 12/4/14-p2*

Re:

Will be watching this thread
Love the colour of the frame
Wish I never sold my zaskar last year which barneyballbags used as a donor for his blue build.
Hope to meet up at a future Sw retrobike ride.

Kirbdug

Re: Re:

DevonDave":32hxtfez said:
dirttorpedo":32hxtfez said:
Nice red anno frame. That stem isn't my taste, but I'm sure its going to look great when finished.

Thanks for your words of encouragement. The stem doesn't look quite as correct as a Kore or a Syncros...but I used to lust after the X-Lite stuff back in the 90's!

Might have been better if I hadn't gone for so many different shades of red on this build!

Kore and Syncros really do look great on these frames. I'm looking for something along those lines as well for my 96. I think Control Tech, Race Face and Thompson look pretty nice too.

Re:

Some pictures of the frame after a wash and wax...

Some pictures with the first few components attached...

And yes, I know - there's far too many different types of red! Told you it would be an unusual mix of bits!

I'm really happy with the parts - except the 'pinky' colour of the x-lite stem. It will have stay for the time being - maybe I could get it re-anodised.

Attachments

• Frame (1).jpg
    Frame (1).jpg
    214.5 KB · Views: 355
  • Frame (2).jpg
    Frame (2).jpg
    221 KB · Views: 355
  • Frame (3).jpg
    Frame (3).jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 355
  • Frame (4).jpg
    Frame (4).jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 355
  • Progress (1).jpg
    Progress (1).jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 355
  • Progress (2).jpg
    Progress (2).jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 355
That really does look the business :cry: but not sure if the stem will anodise a darker red but if it doesn't you could always go down the black stem route with red grips on your bars and red cables it should still look pretty :cool: mate ..

Re:

Thanks guys.

I do have a black Kore Elite stem in good condition - I might have to try it and post some pictures. Only thing is, I was saving it for an LTS build which i've almost got the bits for.

I'm also considering sending some other bits to be totally stripped and re-anodised, in which case - I could get the X-Lite stem anodised black.

A nice black X-Lite PSS1 kevlar saddle would look nice too! Impossibe to find it seems!

I can't help with the saddle i'm afraid to say but getting the X-lite anodised black would be the way ahead seen as your set on having one on the GT so that's what i'd do mate ;) ..

Re:

Eventually got around to fitting shifters, mechs and chain yesterday.

I challenge anybody to set up adjusters on the mechs and indexing whilst your 2yr old daughter keeps snatching your tools out of your hands and then hiding them! Took me 20mins at one point to find some allen keys hiding in the washing machine!

She also stole some of my choccy hob-nobs...can't complain too much about that though, as i'm not supposed to be allowed treats under current diet regulations (enforced by the wife!).

Hoping to get around to fitting the Magura's today - after eventually tracking down some of the spacer/washer things which are needed on the Judys. Will post some more pictures when the brakes are on.

Latest posts

Back