1995 Sunn Vertik 2 - 'Tis a new bike on page 4

ah, you are the one with the Wheeler - now I understand ;)

I like also your Wheeler build - skinny steel tubed frames paired with fat tyres = :cool:
Haha - The one with the Wheeler. That is I :cool:
And thanks. I'm well pleased with how that build turned out, although I still have a few tweaks and upgrades planned for it.

Also. My work stand was stolen last year, and I'm a bit strapped for cash. So I fashioned this out of a snare stand base, and a cymbal arm:

I still need to finish cleaning some parts, and do a final polish. But other than that it's getting close to being a bike again.

Just as I was about to go for a test ride last night, I heard a "pop-pfsst" from the front tyre (¤%& Schwalbe xx-light tubes keep failing on me).
Luckily I had the original front wheel on hand, on the summer house cruiser.

So today I went on a ride down to the harbour

And out to my "secret" chill spot

All in all, I'm well chuffed with this build! I still need a longer seat post, but other than that the fit is pretty much spot on. And for once, I've nailed the brake/gear adjustments on the first try 😀.

I cabled up the brakes Brit-style, to keep the rear housing from rubbing on the front cable:

New tube for the front wheel, new seat post, and new pedals

I read the other day that oil slick is the new purple ano. So I guess it's OK to mix and match 😃😈

The few remaining decals

And the original importer's sticker on the seat tube

Back