1995 m800 Beast of the East

drithius

Retro Newbie
Hi everyone,

I registered to try and connect this bike with someone who may want it more than some random kid from down the block. I also genuinely have no idea what this is worth, so I was looking for some help on that end as well. Although I live in the US (Florida), this site came up several times in my "beast of the east" searches.

I bought this thing back in 1995 (I think). It's been a long time and I have not ridden it in at least 20 years now. It's just literally been in a closet, taking up room. I wish I still had the receipt with the itemized accessories, but that has long since been lost in my moving around. The hubs and brakes are Shimano, and there's some Coda Performance insignias on various parts (I really am clueless on this stuff now, it's been too long!)

If anyone has some advice, I'd love to hear it. Is this a sought-after bike? Or should I simply list it for sale in the local Want-Ad?

Attachments

• IMG_1890.JPG
    IMG_1890.JPG
    441.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1892.JPG
    IMG_1892.JPG
    332.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1894.JPG
    IMG_1894.JPG
    399.3 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1895.JPG
    IMG_1895.JPG
    479.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1898.JPG
    IMG_1898.JPG
    390.2 KB · Views: 22
Welcome aboard!

All for sale items must have a firm asking price, so I’ve moved your post to a more appropriate place :)

Thank you for moving the thread, @raidan73.

I'm going to guess by the lack of feedback here that this bike is of only real interest to niche buyers. I guess I'll go ahead and list this in my local Craigslist and see what comes of it.

I think there’s plenty of people here who’d quite fancy it but the cost of shipping will sadly kill the deal, with a bike of this value

Hi everyone,

I registered to try and connect this bike with someone who may want it more than some random kid from down the block. I also genuinely have no idea what this is worth, so I was looking for some help on that end as well. Although I live in the US (Florida), this site came up several times in my "beast of the east" searches.

I bought this thing back in 1995 (I think). It's been a long time and I have not ridden it in at least 20 years now. It's just literally been in a closet, taking up room. I wish I still had the receipt with the itemized accessories, but that has long since been lost in my moving around. The hubs and brakes are Shimano, and there's some Coda Performance insignias on various parts (I really am clueless on this stuff now, it's been too long!)

If anyone has some advice, I'd love to hear it. Is this a sought-after bike? Or should I simply list it for sale in the local Want-Ad?
I feel like around $400 would be a good asking price on Craigslist from the few that I’ve seen pop up. If it’s in good shape. I’d love to buy it from you, but packing and shipping to Minnesota would cost a bunch! Good luck, looks like a beauty!

Back