1995 Claud Butler Vantage

My first ride on this last week with the MTB tyres on did not go well, felt very heavy and it was a real struggle (possibly also down to me not feeling 100%).

At the weekend I did a bit of work on it, adjusted the brake shoes as I noticed the rears were catching on the tyres which certainly didn't help, added a bit of slack as well to avoid a wheel buckle that needs sorting and pumped them up with my compressor rather than my hand pump.

Went out last night and wow what a difference, like night and day, rolled so well but then the bigger tyres also soak up the bumps nicely compared with the CityJet road tyres.

Riding along and seeing that grey MTB trye at the front is such a trip down memory lane, takes me back to being 13/14 and going absolutely everywhere on this bike :D

Part of me would love to give it a sympathetic resto with new decals and a clean up but then I also like the survivor nature of it....

Not much to report with this, knocking on nearly 30 years old now and still seems to be going strong!

Little adjustment to the rear mech this evening as it's not been right for a while, seems ok now.

Added some new grips and swapped the brown spoon for a black one, trying to get back to its 90s roots.

IMG_20230606_181632.jpg

IMG_20230606_182007.jpg

IMG_20230606_182030.jpg

Back