1994 Wheeler 9800

Re:

Damn, also thought the construction in the background was nee hotel that was going up across the road from the tivoli Congress centre (where I usually stay when I'm there), I don't think I've been to the other area although my company has offices all over the city.

Re: Wheeler 9800

Which goes to show that many of the buildings that have shot up around the harbour during the past 15-20 years look pretty much the same.
I liked it better as a post-industrial wasteland. Plants had been growing wild for many years in some parts of the area, so there were a lot of "secret places", as we called them, to go grilling, swimming, or just getting away from the city proper when I was a teenager - like when they were building the new Havneholmen, we used to sneak across the construction site out the the tip where a few trees and shrubs had been left standing, and have it all to ourselves. Until they put up fences and camera surveillance, that is. Ah nostalgia ;)

I scored a Profile titanium stem yesterday. Much better than the too modern 3T from the parts bin :cool:

Summer is back :cool:. The entire month of July was cold and grey. But during the past week the sun has returned, and Saturday night the weather was perfect for taking a cruise, and meeting up with some friends for a few beers.

Re:

Love the look of this bike. Great to look at at and i am sure it is a hoot to ride.

What is the verdict on the Billy Bonkers? I cant say i am a fan of the sidewall text but am interested to know what they are like.

Re: Re:

Frankenorange":1z2t4kjn said:
Love the look of this bike. Great to look at at and i am sure it is a hoot to ride.

What is the verdict on the Billy Bonkers? I cant say i am a fan of the sidewall text but am interested to know what they are like.

Thanks :D . I still have some tweaks and upgrades to do. But so far I'm quite pleased with the way this build has turned out.
I mainly built it as a commuter, hence the 1x8 setup. But I often find myself taking detours into rougher terrain on it, when I have the time and opportunity. So I am considering adding a smaller chainring to get a lower range of gears for those occasions.

As for the tyres, my only gripe is the sidewall text. Other than I like them - they roll very well on asphalt, even when running a low pressure, and the thread still keeps a nice grip on dirt or gravel.

Re: Re:

K_50":26maw4r3 said:
Frankenorange":26maw4r3 said:

Thanks :D . I still have some tweaks and upgrades to do. But so far I'm quite pleased with the way this build has turned out.
I mainly built it as a commuter, hence the 1x8 setup. But I often find myself taking detours into rougher terrain on it, when I have the time and opportunity. So I am considering adding a smaller chainring to get a lower range of gears for those occasions.

As for the tyres, my only gripe is the sidewall text. Other than I like them - they roll very well on asphalt, even when running a low pressure, and the thread still keeps a nice grip on dirt or gravel.

I would definitely have to remove the sidewall text. I am sure i have seen it done by someone on the net. Light sand paper? nail polish remover? answers on a postcard.

Tyres sound ok for light mixed duties. How about wet asphalt?

Back