1994 Wheeler 9800

It was just supposed to be a cheap parts build. But it rides like a dream, and I've been bitten by the upgrade bug. So now I'm on a quest to get it down to 10 kg.
And I know about the lock. My workplace has a locked shed for bikes, and at home I bring it up to the flat. So the bike is never left unattended for longer than it takes to shop for dinner on the way home, and always locked to a sign post or something. But I still need to get a better one. I only have about DKR 3500,- in the bike as it stands, so it's not like I would lose a lot of money if it got nicked. But it's a sweet ride, and I have spent a good deal of time and effort on it, so I would still be bummed if it did.

No more salty roads means the Wheeler is back in rotation. It rained this morning, though, so I rode the Schwinn to work.

As much as I hate adjusting brakes, it's time well spent. I was going into an intersection at a decent pace, when a driver decided not to check her side-view mirror before turning right. I made off with a pedal scrape (which is swelling up nicely as I type), while the car lost its mirror. Also, I found out that I can still hold an endo with a locked front wheel B)

New rear mech to match the hubs, and an NOS Zoom stem in almost the exact same finish as the frame (most of the difference in colour is dirt).

Back