1994 Rocky Mountain Altitude

Re:

Yep they coated over, it's only thin and you could wear through it riding and not just that year, but only on the top bikes.
Low level bike are on top.

I have never seen a 91 or in fact a 92 as you pictured not look tatty and well used unless it's been repainted. :-D

Strange because my 94 altitude is mint and I definitely can get my finger behind the decals and peal them off if I wanted. But who knows, there's a few years between my 94 and this yellow red team (91?) and production practices change all the time

BC":3rn48tgi said:
Strange because my 94 altitude is mint and I definitely can get my finger behind the decals and peal them off if I wanted. But who knows, there's a few years between my 94 and this yellow red team (91?) and production practices change all the time

Re:

I have the 1992 Altitude and had the 1994 Altitude, both were indeed cleared over. My 1997 Altitude had no clearcoat though.

Re: Re:

Blizz":3mob1rvp said:
BC":3mob1rvp said:
I'm keen to find an Altitude in red and yellow, size XL, if anyone has a lead
I had this one for a while...but it went to sgommy in Edmonton a couple years ago. I'm not sure if he ended up restoring it.
It was a 21.5" and was in rough shape. The previous owner scraped the decals off with something very abrasive! :facepalm:

I did end up putting it together, I didn't agonize over being period correct or anything (V's, Turbines, etc), mostly due to the fact that it was already in pretty rough shape and I threw on what I came across, but I love how it turned out

Attachments

• P5120005-2.jpg
    P5120005-2.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 333
Re: Re:

sgommy":jm61o29p said:
I did end up putting it together, I didn't agonize over being period correct or anything (V's, Turbines, etc), mostly due to the fact that it was already in pretty rough shape and I threw on what I came across, but I love how it turned out
Cool seeing it rolling again! The red Turbines look nice on it :cool:

Latest posts

Back